Sam Tomkins

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Ken

Sam Tomkins

Post by Ken »

Can anybody tell me what is wrong with Sam and how did it happen, also when expected back
Ken Blinston
Wandering Warrior

Re: Sam Tomkins

Post by Wandering Warrior »

Apparently broke some bones in a foot and how he did it is who you listen to!
When John Byrom plays on snow, he doesn't leave any footprints - Jimmy Armfield
Wiganwarrior1

Post by Wiganwarrior1 »

Apparently operation not been successful do got to have it done again. Out for a few more months.
Wandering Warrior

If that's the case and he's now had the return date put beyond June then his status as marquee player must surely come under serious scrutiny? If it hasn't already?
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

Wandering Warrior wrote:If that's the case and he's now had the return date put beyond June then his status as marquee player must surely come under serious scrutiny? If it hasn't already?
Unless there is a clause in his contract that says if you are out injured for X months you are no longer our marquee player then no, his status won't change. Why would it? You can't just rip contracts up half way through due to injury.
southportcdm

Post by southportcdm »

Wiganwarrior1, is this new information or reference to the fact that he had to have the metal plates removed and this would keep him out for longer than expected? I spoke to him at the Cas game and he said he'd be back in six weeks. I really hope he doesn't have more problems.
Wandering Warrior

DaveO wrote:
Wandering Warrior wrote:If that's the case and he's now had the return date put beyond June then his status as marquee player must surely come under serious scrutiny? If it hasn't already?
Unless there is a clause in his contract that says if you are out injured for X months you are no longer our marquee player then no, his status won't change. Why would it? You can't just rip contracts up half way through due to injury.
Depends how he was injured Dave. :wink:
Wormburner

Post by Wormburner »

Arsing around on the beer down king street or was he :eusa16:
Let's is a contraction of “let us.” You use it to make suggestions about what you and someone else should do. Let's is NOT a promise
butt monkey

Post by butt monkey »

southportcdm wrote:Wiganwarrior1, is this new information or reference to the fact that he had to have the metal plates removed and this would keep him out for longer than expected? I spoke to him at the Cas game and he said he'd be back in six weeks. I really hope he doesn't have more problems.

Old information

He was NEVER going to be fit in the timeline the club gave. More likely out as long as Manfredi was the initial thoughts
[img]http://www.webdeveloper.com/animations/ ... monkey.gif[/img]

The biggest Room is the Room for improvement.

The best form of defence is attack!!

Out of the black and into the red, remember you don't get anything for two in a bed!!
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

To say I'm sceptical when i hear about return dates for any player is putting it mildly