Do We Believe Him This Time?

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Southern Softy

Do We Believe Him This Time?

Post by Southern Softy »

'Sam Tomkins could make his long-awaited return to action in Saturday's Challenge Cup quarter-final at Warrington. John Bateman could also feature after three months out with a shoulder injury while Anthony Gelling and Sam Powell are both back in contention.'
Taken from Shaun Wane's pre-match Press Conference.

On past form from SW, none of them will play but if they do, then we've obviously given up on the Grand Final and would seem to be putting all our eggs in one basket.

Can't say I'm happy at all. Yes I'd love to be at Wembley but it looks as if profit is coming before the supporters.
LTAWigan4Eva

Re: Do We Believe Him This Time?

Post by LTAWigan4Eva »

Yes for all mentioned.
Fujiman

Post by Fujiman »

Southern Softy wrote:'Sam Tomkins could make his long-awaited return to action in Saturday's Challenge Cup quarter-final at Warrington. John Bateman could also feature after three months out with a shoulder injury while Anthony Gelling and Sam Powell are both back in contention.'

On past form from SW, none of them will play but if they do, then we've obviously given up on the Grand Final and would seem to be putting all our eggs in one basket.

Can't say I'm happy at all. Yes I'd love to be at Wembley but it looks as if profit is coming before the supporters.
Don't know how you come to that conclusion.Id love a trip to Wembley even though the trains won't be running :D
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

I'd sooner concentrate of getting Gelling fit for more than half a dozen match at a time than rushing him back,yet again.

Or buy more cover.
Southern Softy

Post by Southern Softy »

Fujiman wrote:
Southern Softy wrote:'Sam Tomkins could make his long-awaited return to action in Saturday's Challenge Cup quarter-final at Warrington. John Bateman could also feature after three months out with a shoulder injury while Anthony Gelling and Sam Powell are both back in contention.'

Don't know how you come to that conclusion.Id love a trip to Wembley even though the trains won't be running :D
Because the club (owner) wold make more money from getting to a final. Supporters would be short-changed because league matches have been played by under-strength sides - which is why we keep losing.
shaunedwardsfanclub

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

LTAWigan4Eva wrote:Yes for all mentioned.
I agree :D
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
Exiled Wiganer

Post by Exiled Wiganer »

Am guessing ticket sales are very slow. Hence the "up to 6" back.

Which includes 2 players who had to be available absent another training ground injury.

Which makes 4, one of whom we are meant to be pleased to see because he will be able to play at "60%" after coming back 2 months later than promised (if it takes Tomkins 3 games to play well, we can "enjoy" him for 10 games this year, at least 7 of which will be pointless... great work club :) ). After an injury sustained through off field discipline.

Which makes 3, of whom 1 was injured in training and was promised back in time for our most humiliating defeat in years which sealed our fate outside the top 4. Better (too) late than never?

Which makes 2, one of whom we have seen once this year (after he took a long sabbatical through off field indiscipline last year), for a planned operation that could have been done in the off season.

Which leaves Gelling who flits in and out but seems actually to have recovered at a sensible rate.

If I could do cartwheels I would.
jao711

Post by jao711 »

What a cynical bunch we have on this post.One game at a time whatever competition it is.
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

fozzieskem wrote:I'd sooner concentrate of getting Gelling fit for more than half a dozen match at a time than rushing him back,yet again.

Or buy more cover.
i read it somewhere that gelling is 100% fit according too wane...... i find this very hard too believe as hea been out for a while and always seems too struggle after returning from injury
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
ian.birchall

Post by ian.birchall »

But our coach cannot count!
Bateman played one World Cup game in February so March, April, May and June makes 4 months accordingly to my rudimentary understanding of mathematics.
I will believe they are back when they are on the field at 3pm Saturday and will be even more convinced when they are on the field in the league game next week.
Regarder une fille en bikini, c'est comme avoir un revolver chargé sur sa table:
Il n'y a rien de mal a ça mais il est difficile de penser à autre chose.

Now Europe is just for holidays.