Utility Back Required?

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
shaunedwardsfanclub

Utility Back Required?

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

Maybe that's the reason we are trying to sign Sutcliffe from Leeds.
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
Exiled Wiganer

Re: Utility Back Required?

Post by Exiled Wiganer »

The latest I read was that we don't need any short term signings and that Wane is happy with the squad at his disposal. That'll be the squad that hasn't won a league game since April...
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

Exiled Wiganer wrote:The latest I read was that we don't need any short term signings and that Wane is happy with the squad at his disposal. That'll be the squad that hasn't won a league game since April...
Must admit i found that talk odd to say the least,for me one of the things the lifted the side was the arrival of FPN last season,a well placed signing can do wonders,of course there's a flip side to that as well.
Wintergreen

Post by Wintergreen »

fozzieskem wrote:
Exiled Wiganer wrote:The latest I read was that we don't need any short term signings and that Wane is happy with the squad at his disposal. That'll be the squad that hasn't won a league game since April...
Must admit i found that talk odd to say the least,for me one of the things the lifted the side was the arrival of FPN last season,a well placed signing can do wonders,of course there's a flip side to that as well.
Stuart Fielden. Without that bounce we would have been relegated.

TrueBlueWarrior

Post by TrueBlueWarrior »

Another thread that is turned into an attack on SW within a post!

As for Sutcliffe, I don't really see where he would play but he has potential and can kick!
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

TrueBlueWarrior wrote:Another thread that is turned into an attack on SW within a post!

As for Sutcliffe, I don't really see where he would play but he has potential and can kick!
Sorry but after this run of defeats people have the right,yes the right to question the way SW runs things,but in the grand scheme of things this is a forum,not much will change at the club because of whats written here.
TrueBlueWarrior

fozzieskem wrote:
TrueBlueWarrior wrote:Another thread that is turned into an attack on SW within a post!

Sorry but after this run of defeats people have the right,yes the right to question the way SW runs things,but in the grand scheme of things this is a forum,not much will change at the club because of whats written here.
...or being current GF winners and WCC maybe he doesn't deserve it!
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

And he's presided over the worst run in 114 years,so yes he most certainly does deserve some discussion,to blind enter tra la la land and keep relying on past glories is silly,its about the here and now,and i'll bet the one bloke who knows that is SW.

For what it's worth given the circumstances I think he's done pretty well,i'll say it again a signing of class would give the team and the fans a bit of a filip,but i fear the cap has been reached the way contracts have been handed out this season so it's not going to happen sadly.
TrueBlueWarrior

fozzieskem wrote:And he's presided over the worst run in 114 years,so yes he most certainly does deserve some discussion,to blind enter tra la la land and keep relying on past glories is silly,its about the here and now,and i'll bet the one bloke who knows that is SW.

For what it's worth given the circumstances I think he's done pretty well,i'll say it again a signing of class would give the team and the fans a bit of a filip,but i fear the cap has been reached the way contracts have been handed out this season so it's not going to happen sadly.
The here and now is we are current GF holders and WCC winners, We are in a CC semi final and hopefully can still make top 4 even after a horrendous injury crisis which ANY other team/coach would have suffered far more than we have. I will reserve judgment till the end of the season!
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

And i'll say again,you simply cant ignore that unwanted slice of history as no one will recall the injury crisis,its a pub quiz question in the making.

Oh and i wont wait,SW is the man for the job,he has his limits but i cant really think of any coach,bar Powell who i'd want here at the present time,no waiting and seeing from me i'll nail my colours to the mast,but it wont stop me criticising him if i feel its warranted,at the end of the day its just opinion after all.