Catalans Game

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Second Row

Catalans Game

Post by Second Row »

Four of theirs charged ,Myler, Bird, Yaha and Garcia every little helps when you are in a hole. :)
yokozuna

Re: Catalans Game

Post by yokozuna »

Can't argue with that!
Footballers spend 90 minutes pretending they're injured. Rugby League players spend 80 minutes pretending they're not.
Nezza Faz

Post by Nezza Faz »

I think he had a serious shoulder injury later on in that game, possibly a dislocated shoulder, so he'd be very doubtful anyway, I'd have thought. Went off with his arm in his shirt, as a makeshift sling.

It's his kicking game which can be quite effective, and as 90% of the tries we've conceded in the last 3 matches have come from kicks, that would be one problem less to contend with. We must be the worst team in the league able to defend these sort of tries ?
markill

Post by markill »

HelpingMorris wrote:Not sure if it is 100% but Leyther on RL fans claim Myler has been cited 7 SEVEN time for trips this season.
It's not correct. Although I can see where the error has been made. 7 tripping citations in total in his career.

He has had 4 incidents cited this season in total before this week. This is his first charge, but he did have 2 previous cautions for tripping this season (both from games at the May BH double header weekend).

His other citations this season are nothing to do with tripping and no charges were made on those.

However, he was charged with tripping in September last year. That why he didn't have an EGP option this time I suppose. He never previously had a charge or caution according to the records, but had 3 other tripping incidents looked at with no charge levied.

That means this is his 7th tripping 'incident' in the records, the first in 2012 - 3 no charge (2012, 2015, 2016), 2 cautions (2017 & 2017) and now 2 charges (2016 & 2017). With that record, unless he can prove he didn't trip, he'll get a ban this time. But I'm pretty sure he's injured anyway.

Amazing what 5 mins on the RFL site tells you. You can fact check this sort of stuff here: http://www.rugby-league.com/the_rfl/disciplinary if you're interested. Tell you Leyther mate too if you want.
in the world of mules, there are no rules

LATEST PODCAST EPISODE
https://www.spreaker.com/user/superleaguepod
Second Row

Post by Second Row »

seems about right on the number of trips, career wise, but seems to get away with a caution on most occasions.
markill

Post by markill »

Second Row wrote:seems about right on the number of trips, career wise, but seems to get away with a caution on most occasions.
A caution was give 2 out of 7 - I think what happens is a formal written warning is sent on future conduct.
A charge was made on 2 out of 7, although pending the outcome of the one today whether that will be upheld obviously.
A 'no charge' verdict, with no case to answer, was given on 3 out of 7. There is no caution for these, the verdict is no further action is warranted, so he 'got away with it' altogether (or 'didn't actually do anything that warranted further action' depending on your point of view).
in the world of mules, there are no rules

LATEST PODCAST EPISODE
https://www.spreaker.com/user/superleaguepod
Nezza Faz

Post by Nezza Faz »

Bad omen for our current attack - the forecast is going to 30-32 degrees at ko, with humidity around 30%. After the sprinklers fiasco on Sunday, the ball is going to be just as slippery with those weather conditions.

Hope Wane and the coaching staff prepare for this, otherwise there's going to be another round of dropsy.
pearsy

Post by pearsy »

Might have a chance with Bird Garcia and Yaha band
Nezza Faz

Post by Nezza Faz »

pearsy wrote:Might have a chance with Bird Garcia and Yaha band

......and Myler possibly out injured. Will never have a better chance of a win in France. Just have to attack with few errors and get the discipline right.
Wiganer Ted

Post by Wiganer Ted »

Their 19 man squad will be worth watching with those players banned and no doubt some injuries.