2018 Predictions

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Fan4Fifty

2018 Predictions

Post by Fan4Fifty »

It’s a bit quiet on here with the silence form the club being deafening – beginning to wonder if anyone is home! Anyway just for a bit of fun here are some predictions for 2018.

1. SOL comes back from World Cup with a slight calf problem that will ultimately keep him out until April; in that time Wigan will play 8 games, losing them all. Wane will tell us “wait until SOL’s back, then we’ll be OK”;
2. Tommy Leulaia plays starring role at hooker as New Zealand lose to Australia in World Cup Final; Wigan squad numbers announced – TL at 7;
3. Our new goal-kicking coach (!) tweaks a hamstring in the warm up to first coaching session; Forum in meltdown as fans debate if this is due to training methods, bad luck or poor recruitment;
4. We achieve a 59.36% success rate at goal kicks;
5. February arrives and SW announces that having scoured the market there isn’t an assistant coach who can help him at all; A&E in turmoil as 8,646 Warrior’s supporters choke on breakfast;
6. Latics likely new owners find a clause in lease contract that means Warriors can’t play any more games at DW after 2018; IL goes on Wigan TV to explain that’s OK as he’s decided to apply to join NRL in 2019 and play home games in Wollongong;
7. However we’re keeping our Super League registration and will come back better and stronger in 2-3 years time;
8. Club announces that they’ve sold 622 season tickets for 2018 season; IL says it’s good news as it will mean fans will pay more through the turnstiles; loyal 18 reduced to loyal 3;
9. New branch of Business Club launched in Wollongong
10. Wigan Council announce twinning arrangement with Wollongong
11. Warrior Girls renamed Wollongong Sheilas;
12. In January fan goes on forum to ask if FPN has really left as he’s just seen him shopping in Wollongong branch of Sainsbury’s ;
13. Kris Radlinski blogs from Wollongong and says that as he’s been there so long now he might as well stay; joins tourist board.
Wes

Re: 2018 Predictions

Post by Wes »

Haha great post!!!
Garry Riley

Post by Garry Riley »

I think quite a few of these aren't too wide of the mark.
Sound & Vision - TV Audio Video - Sales - Service
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

Garry Riley wrote:I think quite a few of these aren't too wide of the mark.
the cynical side of me thought the same thing
Exiled Wiganer

Post by Exiled Wiganer »

That made me laugh - with FPN back in training, and no attacking coach, I would add a few of my own:

- as every other major team signs the cream of South Pacific heavies, Kieron Dixon joins and is given the number 10 shirt;

- with SOL missing 12 weeks, Hamlin steps into the breach, and we discover that, rather than being the new Hanley he is a combination of Jimmy Birts in defence and Gary Henley-Smith in attack;

- our state of the art medical staff manage a complete set with numbers 1 to 25 simultaneously injured from a combination of fighting among themselves, getting drunk and falling over (again), Chinese burns (out for 8 weeks) and hurty knee. Wane does not use this an excuse, but mentions it at every opportunity; and

- he is gone by Easter as IL catches a game on someone else's TV (having prudently cancelled his subscription, looking after the pennies) and realises there are actually no paying fans, the stands filled instead by squad members who have wandered in, between Pilates and sunbeds while their tattoos dry...
Fan4Fifty

Post by Fan4Fifty »

Love the additions, though I'm possibly a but premature with NZ v Australia final after today's game! What a game and occasion NZ v Tonga was! Best game I've seen for some time.