health and safety problem

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
mike binder

health and safety problem

Post by mike binder »

:( did any 1 else have a problem getting back to there spot at half time,i was told by a steward to go to opposite side as all the leeds fans were coming in to our end think it stinks when they do that.We have an away end so stay in tour own side especially when we have a good following as we did again.I dont like going to leeds because of this there attitued stinks its our stadium well do what we want>yes do it but do it in your own stand.
mikebinderflooring@yahoo.co.uk for all your carpets and vinyls suppiled and fitted

TROPHIES COMING HOME
IT COMING HOME
ITS COMING HOME
ITS COMING
TROPHIES COMING HOME
robjoenz

Re: health and safety problem

Post by robjoenz »

I was thinking that they were trying to force a lot of Leeds fans in the stand we occupied first half. I've seen a few fans do that before but not as many as there were yesterday. I went to Leigh -v- Whitehaven last season and both whole stands swapped down some little passageway at half time.
MrsLam

Re: health and safety prob...

Post by MrsLam »

There wer a lot of complaints a few years ago about stewards and their behaviour, apparently the ones at Hudds were terrible. Still hate Leeds ground, it's a dump and a complete pain in the **** to park near.
:thum: Ancient and Loyal :thum:

2005 - Play for pride
2006 - Play!
Lockers15

Post by Lockers15 »

our stewards are friendly :) you can av a laugh wi them because they no that us wigan fans won't cause any trouble
mike binder

Post by mike binder »

did yesterday though :angry:
mikebinderflooring@yahoo.co.uk for all your carpets and vinyls suppiled and fitted

TROPHIES COMING HOME
IT COMING HOME
ITS COMING HOME
ITS COMING
TROPHIES COMING HOME
robjoenz

Post by robjoenz »

Lockers15 posted:
our stewards are friendly :) you can av a laugh wi them because they no that us wigan fans won't cause any trouble
Who do you support? I find the stewards at the JJB unhelpful, very jobsworthy. Atleast the ones I've encountered have been. When I used sit in the South Stand they never told you were empty seats were when Mario made you get there late, just told you not go down the front.
mrs_carney

Post by mrs_carney »

Well if all stewards are like the head steward of the west stand who stands in the tunnel, then god help us. She's the most fearsome woman on this planet (yes i know her). The stewards near me just tend to talk to each other and sing to the music :conf:
11/07/05 x - Always and forever - x <3
robjoenz

Post by robjoenz »

MrsLam posted:
Still hate Leeds ground, it's a dump and a complete pain in the **** to park near.
It's the nicest old style ground in SL, I think it's a nice ground at Headindley. They've got decent facilites, you can stand or sit, capacity is quite good. Car parking can be a problem, trick is to park on a side street about 5 mins walk from ground where you can get easy access to motorway without having to go on main road through Headingley.
MrsLam

Post by MrsLam »

We've parked in many different places each time we've been, it's ridiculous. I can't stand it, the ground offends me :D
:thum: Ancient and Loyal :thum:

2005 - Play for pride
2006 - Play!
robjoenz

Post by robjoenz »

MrsLam posted:
We've parked in many different places each time we've been, it's ridiculous. I can't stand it, the ground offends me :D
Look to the backstreets around the Arndale Centre :Wink:

Always park there, always away in double quick time. Easy access to M62 too.