Tonights Game

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
medlocke

Tonights Game

Post by medlocke »

Fantastic result, sounded like we run Salford ragged on the radio, who where the stand out players?, who didn't perform the best?, did Joel Tomkins deserve his place, how awesome was Sams kicking?, look forward to hearing from those who where there
southportcdm

Re: Tonights Game

Post by southportcdm »

Sounded really impressive on the radio, it's great to get such a good start to the season. Let's hear all the positive stuff that we've been hoping for.
Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

Very good result early days but scoring high is always a good sign!
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

Very cold

Salford will need to really pick their game up after that mauling

Sam good game all round

Morgan good when he came on

FPN looked the part fitness wise but added nothing in my pinion

Not going to foam at the mouth bout how good it was we should know by the magic if Wigan have found their dancing shoes again

Was I entertained tonight the answer was yes can’t ask for more
moto748

Post by moto748 »

Put it this way, really glad I went! Competitive in t first half, thought we did well to score a couple of tries,but took them to the cleaners in the second half. Great finishing from. Marshall!

moto748

Post by moto748 »

From the off we moved Ed the ball around faster I thought,. much sharper in attack.
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

fozzieskem wrote:Very cold
Summer rugby, eh? :)

Glad you enjoyed it. From the sounds of it and based on other comments I have read sounds like we looked sharp with Sam T in the halves.
Josie's friend

Post by Josie's friend »

Good game tonight, Salford fell apart in the second half and we took advantage. I think the Hull game will tell us more but it's a good win tonight.
acwrlfc

Post by acwrlfc »

Good, professional performance , with glimpses of quality especially on the left, Williams, Gildat Marshall and Farrell. Some of the moves 2nd half on the left were devastating and a joy to watch. TL looked sharp from dummy half and Sam was good all game and we looked very fluid with Sam and Escare on at the same time.

Forwards solid enough for me, with Sutton being the standout, good runs and tough no nonsense defence.

JT I thought was solid enough a couple of big hits and decent runs.

Negatives , for me were Isa, couple of drops and penalties, Powell, who offers very little and Sarge , who have many as said didn't look like a natural centre and made some poor decisions in the 2nd half

Not to dwell on the negatives just enjoy the tries, which warmed up a cold night. Add SOL, Bateman and Budgie to that and we are looking in much better shape than maybe some of us thought
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

DaveO wrote:
fozzieskem wrote:Very cold
Summer rugby, eh? :)

Glad you enjoyed it. From the sounds of it and based on other comments I have read sounds like we looked sharp with Sam T in the halves.
Sam looked very interested not sure “all change” move will work long term as sides once they’ve seen it will surely work it out but we will see.

I don’t recall seeing Sarge looking that often towards Davies a worry if that was the case,not singling Powell out on the strength of one game but he will have to find his rhythm quickly in that position,Clubby looked good too.

Better than I thought it would be and if nothing else it rid the memory of that Wakefield performance.