Sam to Catalan?

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
Josie's friend

Re: Sam to Catalan?

Post by Josie's friend »

old hooker wrote:
Josie's friend wrote:
shaunedwardsfan​club​ wrote:Swap for Iain Thornley and Lewis Tierney?
Would love Iain to come back to Wigan but I think after how he was treated it wouldn't work out.
Is this a serious post?
Tell me why it wouldn't be, you clearly have some issue spit it out and stop asking stupid questions.
NeeNawWarrior22

Post by NeeNawWarrior22 »

Josie's friend wrote:
old hooker wrote:
Josie's friend wrote: Would love Iain to come back to Wigan but I think after how he was treated it wouldn't work out.
Is this a serious post?
Tell me why it wouldn't be, you clearly have some issue spit it out and stop asking stupid questions.
I'll spit it out...HE'S BANG AVERAGE. At best!
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

If your club offers you a low contract knowing you won't accept so you will leave, it means the club no longer has use for you therefore you are a reject, you put whatever spin you want on it, the fact is he was not Wigan standard
old hooker

Post by old hooker »

Josie's friend wrote:
old hooker wrote:
Josie's friend wrote: Would love Iain to come back to Wigan but I think after how he was treated it wouldn't work out.
Is this a serious post?
If you cant see why the post seems silly, then I am not going to waste my time telling you.
First Try Tickle

Post by First Try Tickle »

josie andrews wrote:
First Try Tickle wrote:The talk yesterday in Perpignan was he was signing after the game and spending a few days looking at houses this week.

His wife/partner was at the game with her dad, and he was telling everyone he'd signed a 4 year deal worth 750k and a house.

Wigan had told him he wouldn't be their marquee player next season and cats have said he will be there.
She wasn’t there with her dad cos he was with the wigan fans! ????
Yeah, it was at the Castle Square where he was talking to people.

He said they were having a couple of days after the game to view houses, and I've just been told by a mate he's seen them today in a local café.

Hope your feeling better by the way, you must have been gutted to miss the game.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

First Try Tickle wrote:
josie andrews wrote:
First Try Tickle wrote:The talk yesterday in Perpignan was he was signing after the game and spending a few days looking at houses this week.

His wife/partner was at the game with her dad, and he was telling everyone he'd signed a 4 year deal worth 750k and a house.

Wigan had told him he wouldn't be their marquee player next season and cats have said he will be there.
She wasn’t there with her dad cos he was with the wigan fans! ????
Yeah, it was at the Castle Square where he was talking to people.

He said they were having a couple of days after the game to view houses, and I've just been told by a mate he's seen them today in a local café.

Hope your feeling better by the way, you must have been gutted to miss the game.
Thank you ????
I was gutted, to go all that way & end up with a severe chest infection!

But everyone said it was very cold in the stand they were in & if I had have gone would probably have made me worse. In fact, with having lung disease, brought on by double pneumonia several years ago, it would probably ended up with me being in hospital!! But I still don’t like to miss games for any reason!

I keep wondering if the RFL are involved with this situation because there is no way they will let Catalan go down, if it came to that, after losing London!

I wonder if they are helping out with his salary or if the league is expanding to 14 teams & goin back either to a 3 year franchise system or a “closed shop”!

Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

He has certainly put two fingers up to the club & especially the fans after standing by him for the first two years since his return with injury. The second injury was his own fault IIRC!!

As someone else said he isnt fit to lace O’Loughlin’s boots

IMO he isnt fit to clean O'Loughlin's boots! Someone who has been loyal without fault to Wigan. Faz (the Ginger Pearl’ will be the same. A one man club.

These players are very few & far between in these days of the ‘mercenary agents’!

Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
joeb

Post by joeb »

We will know by end of April as thats the time scale to activate extra twelve months,and end of week to find out zacs ban
keptinthedarkfans

Post by keptinthedarkfans »

If what is going about true regarding Tomkins not being a marquee signing next season meaning a cut in pay and should think by a big margin. I don't blame him in the slightest. Has nothing to do with sticking fingers up to club or fans just looking after his own interest as for lockers and Farrell I am willing to bet neither has ever taken a pay cut in there times at wigan so loyalty never been tested. I would be p*ss*d off too looking at the other marquee signing in squad seems to me and probably to him jobs for the boys as all cost stuff ability. One thing I am sure of sam goes so does the only bit of attacking structure in the side. If Powell and Williams is the future then we are in big trouble.
jobo

Post by jobo »

josie andrews wrote:He has certainly put two fingers up to the club & especially the fans after standing by him for the first two years since his return with injury. The second injury was his own fault IIRC!!

As someone else said he isnt fit to lace O’Loughlin’s boots

IMO he isnt fit to clean O'Loughlin's boots! Someone who has been loyal without fault to Wigan. Faz (the Ginger Pearl’ will be the same. A one man club.

These players are very few & far between in these days of the ‘mercenary agents’!
Think there have been a few occasiins when even SOL considered his future at Wigan.

With Sam, I'd guess Cat's offer far outstrips what Wigan want to pay and as it's probably the last playing contract he'll sign, money will be very high up on his agenda.

Can't say I blame him really.