Anybody want to offer some praise to this Wigan team and SW?

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Wes

Anybody want to offer some praise to this Wigan team and SW?

Post by Wes »

Anybody?

Class this side, that’s a great ground out win, our fitness and game management along with patience is superb this season.

SW well done and carry on????????
ian b

Re: Anybody want to offer some praise to this Wigan team and...

Post by ian b »

I agree !!
superleague

Re: Anybody want to offer some praise to this Wigan team and SW?

Post by superleague »

I'm not sure are you being serious or sarcastic
Exiled Wiganer

Post by Exiled Wiganer »

We dug deep, and stepped up the pressure more and more in the last 20. This round is often less than brilliant, as the effects of the Easter period are still in the system.
That was the sort of win that champion teams come up with. They deserve immense credit and thanks for the joy they have given.
Next stop, vengeance against Cas! Somehow I suspect we will be motivated for that one.
4 Generations

Post by 4 Generations »

Thought i had logged into the wrong forum.

Wins a win.

4G
yokozuna

Post by yokozuna »

Sam though.
Footballers spend 90 minutes pretending they're injured. Rugby League players spend 80 minutes pretending they're not.
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

The after match review with lockers is worth watching explains why some of the last tackles options were not taking and the reasoning is actually pretty intelegent. Makes leeds fet use to the play so the commit to it later on which opens up the overlap.

It could explain in part why we always look better in the second half as the oposition is expecting the same tactic and we switch.

These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
Barney841

Post by Barney841 »

superleague wrote:I'm not sure are you being serious or sarcastic
I’m with you there
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

Great result and nicked victory from the jaws of defeat. Saints used to be be past masters at this.

My son was at the match. In the Leeds end. He is now living in Headingley a short walk from the ground as he now works in Leeds.

I told him to get tickets on-line quick if he wanted to be in the Wigan end but as usual he left it to the last minute so logged onto the Rhinos site and got tickets from Leeds. Went with a mate who is a Rhinos fan.

Can't wait to find out how all that went!
moto748

Post by moto748 »

To address the OP's point: it was indeed a ground-out win, neither side looked good, and our attack is certainly misfiring (mostly down to ordinary play from our halves), but once again we finished the stronger, and spent most of the second half at Leeds' end of the pitch. We restricted Leeds to one try (how many other teams have done that?), kept ourselves in the game, and at the end of the day, deserved it for our second-half pressure. Yes, it wasn't pretty, but if we can beat Cas next weekend, we will be looking good.