More Good News

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
shaunedwardsfanclub

More Good News

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
Wigan_forever1985

Re: More Good News

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

Is this what Sams wage is being used for?

Isa/Davies/Marshall - you would assume improved contracts?
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
No straw damn us

Post by No straw damn us »

Wigan_forever19​85​ wrote:
Is this what Sams wage is being used for?

Isa/Davies/Marshall - you would assume improved contracts?
Or part of Mickey Macs /FPNs
First Try Tickle

Post by First Try Tickle »

I'm a fan of Davies, Marshall and Isa, but they are all fringe players. Ok Manfredi might not make it back and one of the wingers will play.

But I'm really hoping to get some news on starting players. An email from the club saying Bateman, Sutton, Gildart and Sam have all signed new deals will please me.

I know I'll get slated for being negative, but I don't think id have been to upset if the club said Isa had left to return to Widnes.

Wigan_forever1985

First Try Tickle wrote:I'm a fan of Davies, Marshall and Isa, but they are all fringe players. Ok Manfredi might not make it back and one of the wingers will play.

But I'm really hoping to get some news on starting players. An email from the club saying Bateman, Sutton, Gildart and Sam have all signed new deals will please me.

I know I'll get slated for being negative, but I don't think id have been to upset if the club said Isa had left to return to Widnes.
I think if we are hoping for "star" players then unless they come out the academy i doubt we will see any

Wigans approach seems to be to have a large squad of "good" players rather than a small set of elite and then gap to the rest of the squad.

This approach maybe correct for the modern game whcih is far more about athleticism than skill and finese
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
Wandering Warrior

Post by Wandering Warrior »

As I stated on the Isa thread, Sutton and Gildhart can go apparently.
They've got fed up with peanuts and want a wage and who can blame them?
When John Byrom plays on snow, he doesn't leave any footprints - Jimmy Armfield
First Try Tickle

Post by First Try Tickle »

Wandering Warrior wrote:As I stated on the Isa thread, Sutton and Gildhart can go apparently.
They've got fed up with peanuts and want a wage and who can blame them?
But they are players we should be giving a wage to. I know Gildart has started slow, but he will come good and at his age will be for a long time. The Same with Sutton, not always the best, but has been getting better and better.

I've heard a strong rumour Gildart is going to Saints. He's told Wigan what contract he wants, IL has said no and Saints have said yes. If no NRL team comes in then over the hill he goes.

southportcdm

Post by southportcdm »

Losing Gilly to Saints is very different to losing him to the NRL. Are his demands unreasonable or do Saints have cash to spare? I don't think he'd make it in the NRL but he's certainly good more development in him. Two things if he does go: who will we replace him with (Higginson or Forsyth don't seem to be in favour) and don't him and Percival play on the same side?
Wigan_forever1985

Gildart is a bigger loss to the team than Sam for 2 reasons

We lose Sam and Escare can take his place (worst case scenario). I like Escare - he isn't the player Sam is but he offers something he has raw pace and in Superleague can more than hold his own.

We lose Gildart and we dont have 1 good centre at the club
moto748

Post by moto748 »

Wigan_forever19​85​ wrote:Gildart is a bigger loss to the team than Sam for 2 reasons

We lose Sam and Escare can take his place (worst case scenario). I like Escare - he isn't the player Sam is but he offers something he has raw pace and in Superleague can more than hold his own.

We lose Gildart and we dont have 1 good centre at the club
Agree with you there. I'm all for the Marshall and Davies deals; I think realistically they will be our wingers in a year or two, the Manfredi injury is problematical, and Burgess will want another crack at the NRL. But Gilly we should keep if we possibly can. Less concerned about Sutton, honestly.