19-Man Squad: Vs Hull KR

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
josie andrews

19-Man Squad: Vs Hull KR

Post by josie andrews »

Wigan Warriors name 19-man squad for Hull KR game

Warriors face Rovers at KCOM Craven Park on Friday

Tommy Leuluai misses out with Josh Ganson called up in his place

Wigan Warriors have today named the 19-man squad for Friday’s Betfred Super League game against Hull Kingston Rovers at KCOM Craven Park.

Tommy Leuluai misses out with a minor arm injury meaning a call-up for Josh Ganson.

Sean O’Loughlin (calf) remains side-lined along with Joe Burgess (knee).

The teams met just two weeks ago in the Challenge Cup with Wigan running out 28-10 winners.

Wigan Warriors 19-Man Squad
John Bateman, Tony Clubb, Tom Davies, Morgan Escaré, Liam Farrell, Ben Flower, Josh Ganson, Oliver Gildart, Willie Isa, Liam Marshall, Romain Navarette, Sam Powell, Dan Sarginson, Ryan Sutton, Taulima Tautai, Joel Tomkins, Sam Tomkins, George Williams & Josh Woods

Tickets for Friday’s game are available from the DW Stadium Ticket Office until midday on Friday.

Coach travel is still available and costs just £12.50 for adult season ticket holders and concessions, £13.50 for adults. CLICK HERE for full details.

http://www.wiganwarriors.com/news/2018- ... gGgKQmq.99
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
josie andrews

Re: 19-Man Squad: Vs Hull KR

Post by josie andrews »

Hull KR boosted by star return as squad named for Wigan Warriors clash

HKR coach Tim Sheens has received a welcome boost ahead of facing Wigan Warriors at oachKCOM Craven Park on Friday evening.

Winger Justin Carney is back in the squad after initial fears had him missing for two months due to a shoulder injury, only to be back within four weeks.

Rovers have also named Junior Vaivai after he recovered from a knee injury which saw him leave the field during the derby loss to Hull FC on Sunday.

Meanwhile, Thomas Leuluai misses out for Wigan with a minor arm injury meaning a call-up for Josh Ganson. Captain Sean O’Loughlin (calf) remains sidelined along with Joe Burgess (knee).

Rovers face Wigan for the third time this season as they go in search of a first win against the Warriors in 2018. Following on from a heavy 44-6 Easter Monday Super League loss at the DW Stadium, KR were defeated 28-10 in the Challenge Cup sixth round at KCOM Craven Park two weeks ago.

Hull KR squad:
Adam Quinlan, Junior Vaivai, Nick Scruton, Mose Masoe, Maurice Blair, James Greenwood, Ben Kavanagh, James Donaldson, Chris Clarkson, Tommy Lee, Liam Salter, Josh Johnson, Chris Atkin, Will Dagger, Jordan Walne, Joe Cator, Danny Tickle, Justin Carney, Elliot Wallis.

https://www.hulldailymail.co.uk/sport/r ... rn-1599245
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

Hamlin still out of favour
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

Im expecting a big win this time, hopefully
pearsy

Post by pearsy »

Can never understand bringing a player over and never playing him does he still effect the Salery cap?
Wiganer Ted

Post by Wiganer Ted »

Powell to hooker with Woods to half back.
Anyone carrying the slightest knock should be stood down for next week.
Play anything like at Newcastle and we should win well.
Exiled Wiganer

Post by Exiled Wiganer »

At this stage, a win of any kind is all we need. i would be astonished if we put on a show, when the week after is so important. Indeed, even a loss would be ok, given how well placed we are in the league just now.
Am hoping/trusting that Lockers will be fit and firing for the Cup game.
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

I never expect a win always hope for one but let’s be brutally honest here KR are a very poor side carrying a few injuries too they should keep this run going even allowing a run out for Woods and Ganson.
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

Im sure we could rest another forward,play hamlin and still win comfortably....... perfect chance too try a few pkayers given there very understrength team
superleague

Post by superleague »

16-8 to hull kr, Wigan struggling in this 2nd half, Kr just running harder and more committed, hopefully we can turn it around but doesn't look good at the min.