Holiday in middle of season!

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
josie andrews

Holiday in middle of season!

Post by josie andrews »

How come, after a miserable three weeks as fans, the players have now been given a long weekend holiday after the Wakefield game?

On holiday, abroad, boozing??

WTF!! They should be training the bloody house down for Hull FC not being given downtime as a reward for the last three atrocious games.

I’m amazed! Or am I in shock? ????
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Fujiman

Re: Holiday in middle of season!

Post by Fujiman »

josie andrews wrote:How come, after a miserable three weeks as fans, the players have now been given a long weekend holiday after the Wakefield game?

On holiday, abroad, boozing??

WTF!! They should be training the bloody house down for Hull FC not being given downtime as a reward for the last three atrocious games.

I’m amazed! Or am I in shock? ????
I agree Josie but when wane says he’s going to train them hard people moan. Club can’t win atm. Having said that it’s poor judgement from someone.
thegimble

Post by thegimble »

Sometimes flogging a dead horse never works.

Players need to get away from it at times. Its easy for fans to sit there as fans we support out team through everything from early age until death. Players its a job. Regardless of how you see it a job is a job to them, most if not 99% of players will play for more than 1 team in their career. I know some will say its a dream and fans deservr full comitment 24 hours a day like we do. But burn out at top level sports can be disasterous.

Timing of this on the back of 3 bad beatings is not good but only real time players will get a Thursday to week Sunday break from playing. Unless we get lucky in the 8's series.

Now saying all of that I do have an issue with players showing alcohol in photos given what just happened. Have no issue with players drinking if within the club guidelines. But to do so after what just happened with JT is just stupid knowing the fans will see it.

josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

I don’t agree with the players being rewarded with a long break after the miserable three weeks performances we’ve just been subjected to!

I think it’s in bad taste after the furore that’s been happening.

Are us fans the only ones bothered about the events over the last several weeks?

Because it seems the club & the players couldn’t give two hoots about trying to put things right!

I feel very let down at the moment & if I hadn’t already got tickets & Coach travel for Hull then Cas I would have done the unthinkable & not attend these games. That’s how disappointed I feel at the minute! ????
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

Wane stated the create a seige mentalality i wonder if thats against the fans as well.

I will be suprised if we stand a chance vs hull a nice holiday break... not happy about it but nothing major

Drinking.... seriously do something that will hamper your job preformance before a big match?
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

I mentioned this on another thread - I think you can justify a holiday maybe as a mind reset but go as a team and no drinking

Looks to me like wane couldn’t give a damn anymore and the players are taking full advantage

Whether you agree or not it’s another PR nightmare and it’s like the club have lost all respect for the fans and at the moment we are being taken for mugs the club looks like it’s in free fall

After the debacle with Joel the last thing they need to do is let the main players go on a boozy holiday if I were in charge you’d be making sure they were at the hospital in the kids wards with lots of press and trying To push positive pr

You get the feeling no one at Wigan cares what’s going on
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
No straw damn us

Post by No straw damn us »

josie andrews wrote:I don’t agree with the players being rewarded with a long break after the miserable three weeks performances we’ve just been subjected to!

Are us fans the only ones bothered about the events over the last several weeks?

Because it seems the club & the players couldn’t give two hoots about trying to put things right!

I feel very let down at the moment & if I hadn’t already got tickets & Coach travel for Hull then Cas I would have done the unthinkable & not attend these games. That’s how disappointed I feel at the minute! ????
They've not been rewarded after three poor weeks though. The fixtures came out in November, just before the players returned for pre season. They and the coaching / conditioning staff would have factored in that Thursday to Saturday break. Do you honestly think that the club should have told them all to cancel their "short" break? That would have been really good for team spirit.
endoman

Post by endoman »

It's probably exactly what they need, you simply can't train at intensity through an entire season. Periodisation is the fancy title for it.

Yes the timing looks bad, but it will have been planned for months. Bit daft of the players to post stuff on social media when they must understand the feeling of the speccies is at rock bottom.
wall_of_voodoo

Post by wall_of_voodoo »

Don't have any issue with players going on a mid season break or even of them enjoying themselves - that is the whole point

With what has recently happened they will be under a microscope though so do need be on their bestest

Didn't the players go on a break just prior to losing to Salford in that infamous CC tie? Seem to remember a player being injuries from horseplay
I'm a better fan than you
Because I don't "Boo"!!!

Yes I bloody know transfer fees do not count on the salary cap for those illiterates that need it explaining to them because they assume everyone is as thick as they are :roll:
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

No straw damn us wrote:
josie andrews wrote:I don’t agree with the players being rewarded with a long break after the miserable three weeks performances we’ve just been subjected to!

They've not been rewarded after three poor weeks though. The fixtures came out in November, just before the players returned for pre season. They and the coaching / conditioning staff would have factored in that Thursday to Saturday break. Do you honestly think that the club should have told them all to cancel their "short" break? That would have been really good for team spirit.
No, I don’t expect that. What I do mean is that players are daft to post pictures of themselves abroad drinking when there has been such a furore over the last few weeks.

As someone else said, perhaps to go as a team without drink & use it to get some team time together to get the bond back they seemed to have up to Magic.