Fereti Tuilagi

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
TomThumb

Fereti Tuilagi

Post by TomThumb »

Heard a rumour last night, dont really have much information but I heard we were looking at getting the ex-saints and Halifax winger, maybe for the rest of the season or next year i dont know! But hey he's injury prone, so lets welcome with broken arms!!! :roll:
damien morrissey

Re: Fereti Tuilagi

Post by damien morrissey »

Is this the guy who went to lieciester[yes spelt wrong but you know where i mean]from saints and have we looked at his younger brother not quite as big but faster.
dallas

Post by dallas »

This player was born in 1971 which makes him by my calculations
34 :exc: :exc: :exc:
mrs_carney

Post by mrs_carney »

just about old enough for mo
11/07/05 x - Always and forever - x <3
ChrisA

Post by ChrisA »

mrs_carney posted:
just about old enough for mo
He's still a very athletic player and would add more go forward than 90% our our current players, that includes players 15 years younger than him, if it was just to help out this season I wouldnt grumble. He's still better than most of the backrowers we have now barr Tickle, and he would still make a better centre than Wild or Aspy. Like I say if it was just to help us out this year for 9 or so games it could be a good move.
Exiled Wiganer

Post by Exiled Wiganer »

You are being a bit harsh on our under 15s team. Some of them have real talent.
ChrisA

Post by ChrisA »

Exiled Wiganer posted:
You are being a bit harsh on our under 15s team. Some of them have real talent.
oops lol, was meant to put 15 years :conf:
Plymouthpieeater

Post by Plymouthpieeater »

I don't know about now but he was a great player a few years ago. Similar to our old centre/ winger Inga.
Tom_McCooey

Post by Tom_McCooey »

not a patch on Inga. He won't be up to league standards anymore, as he's been in union for way too long. Mind you, are any of our players league standard??
Wigan 'til I die.
Fraggle

Post by Fraggle »

Tom_McCooey posted:
not a patch on Inga. He won't be up to league standards anymore, as he's been in union for way too long. Mind you, are any of our players league standard??
Whilst most of us despise the other code, it's wrong to say that just because someone plays union that they wouldn't be able to play league. There's one or two players in the other code who I'd welcome at Wigan. Thomas Castaignede would be a superb half back, and what about having Joe Rokocoko at Wigan? A man even more highly rated than Jonah Lomu, he'd murder the centres and wings of a number of our rivals in the same way that Vainokolo has had such an effect for Bradford. To me the big difference is in the forwards, those lardy union players would need to do a lot of work to become fit enough for league. They've got strength and power, but not the stamina to keep retreating after the tackles are made.
http://fraggle.fotopic.net

"You rescue me, you are my faith, my hope, my liberty.
And when there's darkness all around, you shine bright for me, you are a guiding light to me....
You are a Tower of Strength to me" - Wayne Hussey, The Mission.

Shepherd's Bush Empire - 27/Feb/08 - 1/Mar/08
[hr]