Keep Playing

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Doveoverdave

Keep Playing

Post by Doveoverdave »

I reckon we need about 10 new players to be a decent team again. Some think less than this.

What is obvious is that the team needs a lot of new faces and the currant incumbants know this also. I just hope that they can play to the best of their (limited) ability to maintain our SL status.

Lots of the first team know that they will be cut and could give up the ghost. Numerous people on the site already feel that this is the case with two of our senior players in Carney and Rads.

A good barometer of the attitude of the squad will be gauged on Friday when we play Leigh and nothing short of a commited display and two priceless points will suffice.

Months ago I posted a tongue-in-cheek remark about our true rivals being Wakey and Leigh, "many a true word spoke in jest" :(
thegimble

Re: Keep Playing

Post by thegimble »

Doveoverdave posted:
I reckon we need about 10 new players to be a decent team again. Some think less than this.

What is obvious is that the team needs a lot of new faces and the currant incumbants know this also. I just hope that they can play to the best of their (limited) ability to maintain our SL status.

Lots of the first team know that they will be cut and could give up the ghost. Numerous people on the site already feel that this is the case with two of our senior players in Carney and Rads.

A good barometer of the attitude of the squad will be gauged on Friday when we play Leigh and nothing short of a commited display and two priceless points will suffice.

Months ago I posted a tongue-in-cheek remark about our true rivals being Wakey and Leigh, "many a true word spoke in jest" :(
A lot of questions will be answered on Friday. Just gald that DV is back and hopefully fully fit. We need a win here. If we win we should go 5 clear of Widnes.
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

Doveoverdave posted:

Careny and Rads are not being cut but seem to be looking to move on to pastures new based on their own requests.

I don't think many in the rest of the team will be cut at all. The vast majority have contracts for next season which can't just be rippe dup and I don't beleive for a minute Millward is daft enough to tell players he is likely to be stuck with next year they are not wanted.

He needs to motivate those players not the opposite.
I agree but given I reckon the majority of the Wigan players playing on Friday will still be with is next year it is important to see an improvement in attitude not just for this season but so we know what to expect next season when hopefully things will be going better.

I reckon the only two players who know they are off are Aspinwall and Wild as I think they are the only players out of contract players apart from Hock who is going nowhere and even they may have been told their future at the club in in their own hands.

Wild is IMO, competing with Botham for a contract.

Dave
Wizard_Millward

Post by Wizard_Millward »

Doug Stand posted:
Assuming Rads goes this year and Carney stays for one more and his form improves then I'm, thinking for next year we'll need

a full back, centre, stand-off, scrum-half, prop x3, second-row and a utility bloke
Why the hell would we need a new second rower???
Wizard_Millward

Presuming we have already signed Galuavo (sp) i mean.
superleague

Post by superleague »

is galuavo a second row
Wizard_Millward

superleague posted:
is galuavo a second row
Yes.
superleague

Post by superleague »

any gud never seen him play only heard of him
warriors

Post by warriors »

Ive got an idea what about me. I play as centre, can take DV place. Last night at training are couch had a go at one of the players, coz he was really trying to take me down, but he couldnt. The couch said 'get of him, he is a future rubgy league player'. It felt good when he said that. Does anyone no when there is a opening when i can go an training with under 21's. I am 6'3, 14 stone and the fastest one of the team.
Wizard_Millward

warriors posted:
Last night at training are couch had a go at one of the players
I don't think you can simply turn up, you have to be spotted.

And i never knew sofas spoke.