Can we finish top 6

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
the pieman

Can we finish top 6

Post by the pieman »

Just looked at Wigan observer and shown Londons next 3 fixtures

We could go above them in the next 3 weeks (depending upon results)

We then however have Leeds, Saints - both at home and Huddersfield away (not a happy hunting ground recently)

Does anyone feel we have the squad to make top 6 or is it a step too far this season
standishcat

Re: Can we finish top 6

Post by standishcat »

I was optimistic after we beat Wire but hmmm... I think it's beyond us now.

Hopefully come back better and stronger next season. :conf:
JIMH

Post by JIMH »

we will have to beat either saints or leeds if we do finish in the top 6. it would be nice to see us beat one of those 2 and put a smile on our faces as the season ends. its a big ask tho
WE CAN BEAT SAINTS!!!! YOU KNOWS IT!!!!
Wizard_Millward

Post by Wizard_Millward »

standishcat posted:
I was optimistic after we beat Wire but hmmm... I think it's beyond us now.

Hopefully come back better and stronger next season. :conf:
I'm with you, it would be a very difficult task now whatever fixtures we had left, and there's noway we're gona come close to Leeds or Saints, bring on next season!
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

No chance - London and Wigan have the same six matches in a different order. London have 4 point start + large points difference = 3 wins. We have to win three matches more than them. That means they have to win 1 match gvien that we are going to lose 3 out of last 6. Even if we win 4 (that means beating Salford, Huddersfield, Hull and WIdnes - if they beat one of these they are in the top 6 instead of us. Even if we win 5 (that means beating one of Stains or Whinos) - London only have to win 2 matches (Salford and Huddersfield for exmaple) to get in the 6 instead of us.

We've not got much of a chance - but I'd love the team to prove me wrong and go on to the playoffs and the GF.....
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Wight Pie

Post by Wight Pie »

My heart says yes but my head says not a snowball's chance in hell.
mike binder

Post by mike binder »

its an impossible dream,but as cliff richard says :lol: in his great song NOTHING IS ImPOSSIBLE,as long as you beleive(thats my sad bringing up with my dad being a cliff fan)but do we beleive any more :conf: :eh: :exc:
mikebinderflooring@yahoo.co.uk for all your carpets and vinyls suppiled and fitted

TROPHIES COMING HOME
IT COMING HOME
ITS COMING HOME
ITS COMING
TROPHIES COMING HOME
mike binder

Post by mike binder »

Doug Stand posted:
the pieman posted:
Does anyone feel we have the squad to make top 6 or is it a step too far this season
Not a hope.... we must concentrate still on avoiding relegation. We only have a realistic chnace of four more points... Salford and Huddersfield. Concentrate on those and hope Widnes and Leigh carry on in the same vein and press [ctrl] [alt] + [del] on this season!
as we have said on another post looking at widnes games ,6 defeats for us is enough to keep us up :lol: :eh: :exc:
mikebinderflooring@yahoo.co.uk for all your carpets and vinyls suppiled and fitted

TROPHIES COMING HOME
IT COMING HOME
ITS COMING HOME
ITS COMING
TROPHIES COMING HOME
WiganWarrior

Post by WiganWarrior »

With the lastest blows to Rads and Godwin etc, i dont see it. I am sooooo hoping that we can do Saints at the JJB, thats the one for me, i think we'll see a nice surprise
Wigan til i Die !!!!

"Its like a game of union the ball disappears for 3-4 tackles then appears to be kicked" BBC GMR
Tom_McCooey

Post by Tom_McCooey »

We won't finish top 6. sigh.....
Wigan 'til I die.