6th slipping away.

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
- psycho -

6th slipping away.

Post by - psycho - »

i think 6th is out of our reach now. i was backing hull to beat london but they didn't. this brings the gap back to 4 points with us still to play hull leeds and stains. i can't see us taking the last playoff place now.
"what ever happens... we stick together... we stay together... we survive."

-------------------------------------
thegimble

Re: 6th slipping away.

Post by thegimble »

- psycho - posted:
i think 6th is out of our reach now. i was backing hull to beat london but they didn't. this brings the gap back to 4 points with us still to play hull leeds and stains. i can't see us taking the last playoff place now.
Ive said a while back id be glad to see us not go into the play offs. Yes it a defeatist attitude but we could win a couple of games and then get hammered by the top 2. The risk of any key players for next season supperseides any play off hopes for this season.

As i read under the page here

News: Jerry booked in for knee op.

It just gives us more time to get the players fit and ready for next season. Then we will just not be in the play offs but challenging for a the GF.

Some on here will not agree but id rather we shut up shop in Sept and get ready for next season with a fully fit squad and not be where we were last season with Rads, Faz and Newton out due to injuries sustained either in the season or in GB duty. Even if ther were on GB duty id say there was a good chance that the lack of time off between the season finish and they kicked off caused them to be injured. As they were most likely not fully recuparatd from a long season.
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

I think it's gone, I would expect us to have to win every match to even qualify for the 6 and it may be better to end the season as early as possible and get everybody rested and fit for next year. If we did qualify then how about bring our imports over for the play offs :D
OJ

Post by OJ »

For the first time ever I don't really want us to get into the 6 and I don't consider it a defeatist attitude in the state we are in at the moment. It makes far more sense to give our injured players the chance to get sorted and ready for next year and we can sit back and enjoy the play off games and watch them all knocking seven bells out of one another while we look forward to a completely different season next year (Hopefully!)
Never argue with an idiot. He will bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.

GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

ive got inside info book your tickets for gf well win it (sorry geoff couldnt resist that 1 ill log off now come back on see if that makes a diffrence) :lol: