Sounds a good game

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
wiganrldeanh

Sounds a good game

Post by wiganrldeanh »

im sat here on the internet at home just listning too bbc radio merseyside on the internet. sounds a good game, every now and again i hear "ian millwards barmy army......" sounds so much fun wish i didnt have a bad back and was there.

For once i am actually happy with the coverage of this game from the bbc (which is a suprise for me) as it is interrupted and i am very happy with it.

But does ray french no anything? when newton got sent off he said we was down to 10 men (asif football) and called moran "kevin moran"
:lol: what a fool.

EDIT: Can anybody tell me how dallas did at full-back?
mrs_carney

Re: Sounds a good game

Post by mrs_carney »

we also have jerry susu and bryan hargreaves according to the announcer at widnes. Dallas did good at full back.
11/07/05 x - Always and forever - x <3
MrsLam

Post by MrsLam »

Dallas was fine at full back, seemed a bit quiet second half but maybe that was just my headache getting the better of me (am poorly)

Match was alright, we gave em a good hammering really and were trying out a few more 'creative' moves towards the end. Morans kick to get that try was fantastic, am still shocked now.

Personally thought the first half was a bit scrappy, Newton got sent off although didn't deserve it their player was fine just playing to the crowd and I don't think Smith had even seen it. He'd commited himself and tackled around the legs and there were no previous warnings to him, seemed a bit over the top especially when it's not being done both ways, Widnes did the same thing second half, difference was we didn't decide our job was acting instead of playing rugby.

There was a Widnes man whinging about Smith on the way home but I've got no complaints about him, we beat them fair and square and penalties were going both ways, in fact the whinger might like to take into account the fact that they were 12-2 up and both of their tries came off penalties.

Good score, well done to the lads
:thum: Ancient and Loyal :thum:

2005 - Play for pride
2006 - Play!
mrs_carney

Post by mrs_carney »

Mark smith irritated me in every single tackle he went for the heads and then ran off before they stood up and only got pulled up for it once. And people say newton is a dirty player, if it had of been newton who was doing it he'd of been pulled up almost every time. As for newton being put on report, i think he was totally committed to the tackle, it may have been a bit stupid of him, but he was committed and didnt go in late. for me today Newton was our MOTM he played brilliantly and we didnt make too many errors in attack or give away too many silly penalties. Also Scully looks to have lost weigh, looks fitter and calmed his temper down a bit, i didnt see any fighting from him just some tough tackles.
Tom_McCooey

Post by Tom_McCooey »

Well done guys, we outsung the home crowd, AGAIN! :D
(80p for a mars bar is taking the mickey)
Wigan 'til I die.
SiY

Post by SiY »

Who really enjoyed Scully's try! OMG flying Scully..i hope it shows that again on Boots n All. He like dived 3yrds out, caught the ball and flew over the line. Super Scully..wheres his cape?
mrs_carney

Post by mrs_carney »

Guy in front of me said scully favoured superman when he scored. Nobody was going to stop him thats for sure!! Seems to be getting on top form along with newton. Have to say you can see the millward magic starting to work!!!! I still cant bring myself to sing ian millwards barmy army though.
First Try Tickle

Post by First Try Tickle »

Why was iy £16 to go in. It was only £15 earlier in the season and the turnstilles dispalyed £15.
Hope it wasn't just me who paid this, and was just giving the turnstille lad an extra quid.
And the beer had gone up as well.
Never mind...good performance all round..well except for aspinwall...!!!
ian.birchall

Post by ian.birchall »

[quote]MrsLam posted:
maybe that was just my headache getting the better of me (am poorly)

Hangover again MrsLam?, glad to see that Mr Smith is still upsetting you, I must be a clear leader now in the Favourite Ian Stakes race.

Regarder une fille en bikini, c'est comme avoir un revolver chargé sur sa table:
Il n'y a rien de mal a ça mais il est difficile de penser à autre chose.

Now Europe is just for holidays.
ian.birchall

Post by ian.birchall »

First Try Tickle posted:
Never mind...good performance all round..well except for aspinwall...!!!
I can almost understand Aspinwall not doing very well, according to Mikes MOTM posting page he wasn't playing today. :roll: :roll:
Regarder une fille en bikini, c'est comme avoir un revolver chargé sur sa table:
Il n'y a rien de mal a ça mais il est difficile de penser à autre chose.

Now Europe is just for holidays.