Are the Warriors funding the football team

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
wiganese

Are the Warriors funding the football team

Post by wiganese »

I've just been on the official wiganrl website and was looking at ticket prices for this season and noticed that cheques are paid to 'wigan football company'.

Does this mean that some of the money from sales of rugby tickets is funding the football team? I could understand it more if the money was paid to jjb stadium but to a company which appears to have nothing to do with the rugby and everything to do with football, it seems strange to say the least.
AJ

because

Post by AJ »

its the company that is in charge of the 2 clubs i believe, it has no more to do with latics than it does with with us

i think its jus like sporting club st helens, which i think is there amateur football team n the saints, and leeds rugby ltd, the tykes and the rhinos,

its just the parent company of the two! so mr whelan can control his cash through i company instead of a rl and a fc team

hope that helps
Tipstar Champion 2002 !!!
Lazy J

Wigan Football

Post by Lazy J »

Wigan Football Company IS Wigan RL it has nothing to do with Dave Whelan or JJB. even in the old CP days cheques were made out to Wigan Football company.

but i would be interested to know what if any percentage of the stadium is owned by the warriors and the latics, does anyone know?
There are 10 types of people, those who get binary and those who dont!
PD

O/T re signature

Post by PD »

Hey "Lazy J". Creative signature,but true or false....8 of your types would be redundant
Just another Wigan fan
Lazy J

sig

Post by Lazy J »

Possibly but 1000 would be!
There are 10 types of people, those who get binary and those who dont!