New deals

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Brennox7

New deals

Post by Brennox7 »

Hi guys, does anybody know whose in last year of contract? Anyone confident we can retain?
I feel we need to tie down at least either Field or French. Hardaker another too. Unless we have something in the pipe line.

Cheers
medlocke

Re: New deals

Post by medlocke »

As long as Powell doesn't get one then it's all biscuits and gravy
CheshireWarrior

Post by CheshireWarrior »

I wouldn't lose a second of sleep if Hardaker moves on! Certainly need to retain Field and French!
Wigan Watcher

Post by Wigan Watcher »

I think we could name a very good few players who we wouldn't mind going, especially if we could bring someone that can compete. One so called very good player who I wouldn't lose sleep over going is Bateman!
Yes we can name more but he must be the most over rated player in super league at the moment.

nathan_rugby

Post by nathan_rugby »

Brennox7 wrote: Sat Mar 19, 2022 4:01 pm Hi guys, does anybody know whose in last year of contract? Anyone confident we can retain?
I feel we need to tie down at least either Field or French. Hardaker another too. Unless we have something in the pipe line.

Cheers
Hardaker?

Why?
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."
Brennox7

Post by Brennox7 »

I feel Hardaker is still valuable. Obviously not hitting top form I get that but I'd rather have him than not. He must be raging he's 3rd choice full back and now behind Bibby and halsall for a centre spot!
valentino

Post by valentino »

Do you think we could have a system whereby the fans could decide which fans should be moved on?
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

Doubt Hardaker will be here next season given he wanted to leave before this one despite Wigan resurrecting his career as he had moved home back to Yorkshire and so didn’t want the M62 commute.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

DaveO wrote: Sat Mar 19, 2022 10:30 pm Doubt Hardaker will be here next season given he wanted to leave before this one despite Wigan resurrecting his career as he had moved home back to Yorkshire and so didn’t want the M62 commute.
Hardaker lives back here in Wigan his wife stayed in Pontefract, he goes home at the weekend now.
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

josie andrews wrote: Sat Mar 19, 2022 10:37 pm
DaveO wrote: Sat Mar 19, 2022 10:30 pm Doubt Hardaker will be here next season given he wanted to leave before this one despite Wigan resurrecting his career as he had moved home back to Yorkshire and so didn’t want the M62 commute.
Hardaker lives back here in Wigan his wife stayed in Pontefract, he goes home at the weekend now.
Well that’s got rid of the commute but I still doubt he will be here next season because of his domestic arrangements. :roll: