Test Match Rugby

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
Charriots Offiah

Test Match Rugby

Post by Charriots Offiah »

https://www.loverugbyleague.com/post/wa ... son-tests/

Are the Australian’s devaluing the international game? Personally, I agree with Bennett this is a detrimental move for the sport.
the pieman

Re: Test Match Rugby

Post by the pieman »

Charriots Offiah wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 1:00 pm https://www.loverugbyleague.com/post/wa ... son-tests/

Are the Australian’s devaluing the international game? Personally, I agree with Bennett this is a detrimental move for the sport.
i think the general feel is that the Ozzies would quite happily do without international RL full stop.

They are quite happy with NRL and Origin

if thats the case, and it may be cutting our noses off to spite our faces, then drop them. Play series with countries who want to play international RL and grow the game. you will soon find lots of Ozzies looking for distant relatives so they can play representative RL, as i dont think its the player, but the administrators

i've been to many a good series v NZ. The south sea island teams are great to watch. I was brought up watching the GB team, and still think we should be GB, but get meaningful games with the home nations, france on a regular basis too and a proper international calendar. Oh, and a final point, if we do any of the above the RFL to actually do something about promoting the game
Barney841

Post by Barney841 »

This just shows the arrogance of the Aussies.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Barney841 wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 6:02 pm This just shows the arrogance of the Aussies.
Very true 😠
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan