Zak Hardaker discusses Leeds Rhinos future and prospect of new deal for 2023

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
josie andrews

Zak Hardaker discusses Leeds Rhinos future and prospect of new deal for 2023

Post by josie andrews »

Hardaker's short-term deal expires at the end of the season

Zak Hardaker has reiterated his desire to secure a long-term deal with Leeds Rhinos. The England international is currently on a short-term deal at Headingley until the end of the season, but admitted to Rugby League Live there have been 'little dialogues' about what happens in 2023.

But in terms of his own position, Hardaker stressed that with him settled in West Yorkshire and close to his young family once again after spending time at Wigan Warriors, he is keen to remain a Rhino. "I've no stress in my life right now, I just turn up for training and have a smile on my face," he said.

I'd like to stay, yes. I've not had much conversations with Rohan (Smith) about it yet, though we've had little dialogues about what the future might look like. But I think that'll probably come with conversations with Gary (Hetherington).

I would be interested in staying, because it's just so much easier being back at home. But that's a bridge to cross when we have discussions. For me, like I've always said before, I'm happy being close to my family."

Hardaker continued: "People gave me stick before when I said how far away I was from home, but my surroundings now are familiar to me and that familiarity, I've really missed it. I'm happy, I know what's happening with my life and I'm settled at Leeds."

Hardaker also admitted he has enjoyed working with Leeds head coach Rohan Smith since the pair arrived at Headingley around the same time.

"He's brilliant," Hardaker said. "The lads who've been here before me say he's like a breath of fresh air, and he's great at putting some confidence into us as a team. He's a real relaxed coach, and I'm really enjoying working under him."

https://www.leeds-live.co.uk/sport/rugb ... e-24414494
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
josie andrews

Re: Zak Hardaker discusses Leeds Rhinos future and prospect of new deal for 2023

Post by josie andrews »

Snidey underhanded ‘person’!!!

As if it’s not always been on the cards!! 🤬
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
Caboosegg

Re: Zak Hardaker discusses Leeds Rhinos future and prospect of new deal for 2023

Post by Caboosegg »

"People gave me stick before when I said how far away I was from home"

Yes they did because many people make the same trip for less money and not to do jobs they enjoy.
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

Would wet meself if Leeds turn round and tell they won't be needing your services next season
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Caboosegg wrote: Wed Jul 06, 2022 6:43 pm "People gave me stick before when I said how far away I was from home"

Yes they did because many people make the same trip for less money and not to do jobs they enjoy.
Also, if he hadn’t tried to be the ‘big I am’ when he head butted Sam Tomkins and you’re renting his big brothers house?? That’s why he ended up with nowhere to live earlier than was necessary!!
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

medlocke wrote: Wed Jul 06, 2022 6:46 pm Would wet meself if Leeds turn round and tell they won't be needing your services next season
Bloody hope so, and I don’t like wishing bad luck on a player, but the way he has behaved towards Wigan Warriors, a club who went to the extreme to get him sorted and his head right when others just just couldn’t be ar*ed & let him carry on buffooning & making life mistakes after mistake throughout his life & then treated the Wigan club & its fans with such disdain. I do get angry 😠
keptinthedarkfans

Post by keptinthedarkfans »

Leeds hold the aces. Offer him a peanuts contract if he is only bothered about being in his home surroundings. I honestly can't see a club risking a big contract with someone whose life style is fickle and a ticking time bomb.
Barney841

Post by Barney841 »

Bad luck to him!
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

After reading that all i can honestly say is BLAH BLAH BLAH…… heard it all before
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE