IS DALLAS THE FASTEST?

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
turf

IS DALLAS THE FASTEST?

Post by turf »

Just wondering, with Darren Albert now disapeared off the scene at Saints, is Brett Dallas now the fastest man in super league?
superleague

Re: IS DALLAS THE FASTEST?

Post by superleague »

probably between him and calders they will hav to hav a race
robjoenz

Post by robjoenz »

turf posted:
Just wondering, with Darren Albert now disapeared off the scene at Saints, is Brett Dallas now the fastest man in super league?
I think he may have lost a yard or two in the last couple of years.
ChrisA

Post by ChrisA »

Ade Gardner caught Dallas from behind last season and Dallas had 10 yards on him. Dallas strong point is his acceleration, long distances he struggles. Nigel Roy caught Dallas about 3 seasons ago on a straight length of the field run when Dallas was again in front and had the advantage.
ragman

Post by ragman »

I think straight out speed is over-rated sometimes. Hanley was a slow as a god's horse once he bulked up, but he could still evade plenty faster men.
Mark Preston is still the fastest we've ever had,including Offiah.
ChrisA

Post by ChrisA »

ragman posted:
I think straight out speed is over-rated sometimes. Hanley was a slow as a god's horse once he bulked up, but he could still evade plenty faster men.
Mark Preston is still the fastest we've ever had,including Offiah.
Preston was rapid and is one of my alltime favorite wingers, I was gutted when we let him go to Halifax and never really understood it.
The try he scored against Warrington in the CC final was superb, I remember Alex Murphy screaming "the kids got another gear".
However he wasnt as fast as Offiah, I remember the final game of the 89 season the game to decide the league winners, Offiah broke and Preston couldnt catch him.
Lydon was rapid aswel, I remember Ron Pickering commenting after Lyodn had appeared on superstars, saying he would have loved to have had Lydon athletics as he would have made a superb 400 metre runner.
pedro

Post by pedro »

ChrisA posted:
Ade Gardner caught Dallas from behind last season and Dallas had 10 yards on him. Dallas strong point is his acceleration, long distances he struggles. Nigel Roy caught Dallas about 3 seasons ago on a straight length of the field run when Dallas was again in front and had the advantage.
Dallas had already run 50 metres against London as he run accross pitch twice. Later in the season Roy couldnt touch him when it was even.

Preston was fast but like you said Offiah was by far the fastest. He is by far the faster rugby player to have played the game. Albert wouldnt have got near Offiah in his prime.

2 years ago I think it was Gregory said Radlinski was the fastest in the club..Calderwood now for me.
warrior till i die

Post by warrior till i die »

I would like to see anyone try to catch calderwood. Dallas and him are definatley the quickest in super league. Remember the race the other year dallas didnt enter. Also Liam Colborn dont forget about his speed.
ancient and loyal upon my chest
they are men of wigans best
a team that playyyyyyed the wigan way
and won the championship in may

jim sullivan he was the king
brian mctigueee and jonny ring
a team that playyyyyed the wigan way

when eric ashton was alive
with billy boston by his side
dave bolton and billy blan
oh what a time to be a fan!

in 85, at wem ber ley
john ferguson and brett kenny
a team that played the wigan way
and won the challenge cup in may

in 95 we won them all
tuigamala, faz and paul
a team that playyyyyed the wigan way

Ancient and loyal upon my chest
they are men of wigans best
a team that playyyyyyed the wigan way
and won the championship in may.
ian.birchall

Post by ian.birchall »

robjoenz posted:

I think he may have lost a yard or two in the last couple of years.
Too true Rob, wingers slow down with each knee injury and Dallas has had more than his fair share, the latest one will not do him any favours at 30 either. I think that was one of Offiahs strengths, I do not remember him having any catastrophic knee injuries, certainly none to affect him on the dance floor. :roll:
Regarder une fille en bikini, c'est comme avoir un revolver chargé sur sa table:
Il n'y a rien de mal a ça mais il est difficile de penser à autre chose.

Now Europe is just for holidays.
superleague

Post by superleague »

dallas may not be the fastest but theres not many players who will catch him at full speed only a handfull.