Back for completion.

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
we_need_a_coach

Back for completion.

Post by we_need_a_coach »

:wink:
I hate to tell you lot 'I told you so', but I did, Betts was never going to be good enough, small time mentallity, will disappear into the sunset, and will probably end up driving a taxi !

What Wigan need now is a decent team, and I am soory to say this, but we are a long way from that as well.
Millward was allowed time to put together a trophy winning squad, unfortunatelly we still have doris meddling with team affairs !

We need a chairman ! is my new mantra.

Did you miss me ???
:wink: :wink: :wink: :D
Fraggle

Re: Back for completion.

Post by Fraggle »

we_need_a_coach posted:
I hate to tell you lot 'I told you so', but I did, Betts was never going to be good enough, small time mentallity, will disappear into the sunset, and will probably end up driving a taxi !

What Wigan need now is a decent team, and I am soory to say this, but we are a long way from that as well.
Millward was allowed time to put together a trophy winning squad, unfortunatelly we still have doris meddling with team affairs !

Did you miss me ???
Somethings never change, it seems. Criticising the squad before they've even had a chance to fully train together, let alone play together, is absolute madness. Or are you actually there in the pre-season training with the players who have so-far reported for duty (remembering that people like Calderwood is still on international duty and so has not yet joined up with Wigan) and been disappointed with what you've seen?

And whilst I've always agreed with you to some extent about Chairman Mo interfering in the past, not letting coaches get on with their job, I've not seen any evidence to suggest that he is getting in the way of what Millward is trying to do now. What kind of meddling is going on exactly?

I don't expect you to answer any of my questions. As I say, nothing ever seems to change... :wink:
http://fraggle.fotopic.net

"You rescue me, you are my faith, my hope, my liberty.
And when there's darkness all around, you shine bright for me, you are a guiding light to me....
You are a Tower of Strength to me" - Wayne Hussey, The Mission.

Shepherd's Bush Empire - 27/Feb/08 - 1/Mar/08
[hr]
HappyHooker

Post by HappyHooker »

we_need_a_coach posted:

Did you miss me ???
Dennis Betts would make the worst taxi driver ever!! Could you picture it?

HH: 'Hows work been?'

DB: 'Grumble Grumble Grrrr...*inaud* - (sounds like sandpaper)'

HH: 'Oh really! So what time are you on till?'

DB: 'Grumble gerrr *sandpaper*'.

Still, he probably knows he way to Glouster well by now! :wink:

Oh, BTW - we do have a very decent team! i.e. first 17. its the depth that might provide us with problems IMO.
Being a warrior is not just a past-time; it's a choice of life.
mrs_carney

Post by mrs_carney »

we_need_a_coach posted:
Did you miss me ???
Like a hole in the head!
Silly me thought Millward has taken FULL control of ALL team affairs and "doris" was taking a back seat! :sly:
11/07/05 x - Always and forever - x <3
jinkin jimmy

Post by jinkin jimmy »

we_need_a_coach posted:

Did you miss me ???
Yes I did and it's good to see you back. However, I've got to say that the first 17 looks a lot better than last season - on paper - and IM has my full backing. Also, Mo surely deserves some credit for giving you - and us - the new coach you wanted?
ragman

Post by ragman »

I just think it's a shame that the one person who holds the secret of how the club should be run is too busy talking c**p on a forum. Just our luck.
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Millward and a squad strong enough to make it into the top 3 = success. The grim reaper may like moaning but had we been able to field just O'Loughlin and hock last season we would have done very well. We'll have those two and more this year

Strewth if you wanna complain there's plenty of important world issues out there :D
Fraggle

Post by Fraggle »

cpwigan posted:
Strewth if you wanna complain there's plenty of important world issues out there :D
The way WNAC was waffling on earlier this year you'd think he/she was talking about the end of the world, they obviously feel that the way the club is managed is an important world issue! Obviously this person has issues with Chairman Mo and Denis Betts, but Betts has gone and there's been a rather noticable change (to the rest of us) attitude in coaching at the club, Millward insisting on a lot more control over the team than in the past, yet our friend still seems to be playing the same over-exaggerated doom-and-gloom record.

I'm not yet a Millward fan, and have not been totally sure about Maurice for a long time, but to throw such dire predictions around months before the season has started is quite frankly ridiculous. I've always had some sympathy with WNAC's views, but certainly not the way his/her arguments are put across. It's like reading a bad conspiracy novel.
http://fraggle.fotopic.net

"You rescue me, you are my faith, my hope, my liberty.
And when there's darkness all around, you shine bright for me, you are a guiding light to me....
You are a Tower of Strength to me" - Wayne Hussey, The Mission.

Shepherd's Bush Empire - 27/Feb/08 - 1/Mar/08
[hr]
Matthew

Post by Matthew »

Doug Stand posted:
I for one am delighted wnac has come back. He may be at the other end of the spectrum to some of you but he does get the message board thinking.
Whatever stuff has been spouted wnac was right when he came on. We did need a coach.
I found a lot of wnac's output amusing - most of it was aimed purely at ML and DB. He seems to have a particular hatred of Dennis Betts - waiting for his departure from the club before reappearing on this forum.

It's doubtful how much influence Dennis had as assistant - which was probably part of the reason that he decided to leave. So what effect his leaving will have on the club is debatable

I would be intrigued to know the reason for his hatred of Dennis - who was one of the most consistent members of the Grand Slam team; surely it must be more than just wanting him to not be coach?

As for next year - we've signed some good players; probably better than we had at the start of last year and certainly better than we had after the injuires to lockers, hock and Farrell's departure. Whether we win anything will not be decided until late in the year - however fans are usually optimistic about the prospects for their team, if they weren't then they wouldn't support them.

My problem with wnac is he appears to be a "know-it-all" arm-chair fan who takes great delight in watching a team he professes to support - fail

If I didn't know better I'd suggest he was a saints troll with a Wigan Almanac
"And Martin Offiah, trying to make some space, now then..." - Ray French, Wembley 1994
------------------------------------------------
Interviewer: So that obviously means that you're not going to St Helens and you're not going to Leeds?

Frano: I don't know why I would ever want to go to St Helens or Leeds
------------------------------------------------
El Rifle

Post by El Rifle »

i always thought DB wasnt good enough and there is some truth to what WNAC says about next season.....if you are a pessmistic person that is

Scully, wild and aspy gone - none of whom are great but good squad players to have if we do get injuries. And we all know too well the problems of having a small squad.
Real Madrids starting 11 in the previous 3 seasons had an unbleivable starting 11 but no one else. I see us in this position (obviously not an unbleiveable squad but you know what i mean) if the wigan curse continues.

On the optimistic side of things, youngsters can replace those squad players if the curse continues, they are going to have a big part next year because we will get injurues