Higham

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
cpwigan

Higham

Post by cpwigan »

Still sad about losing Terry BUT

Got to say Higham showed up well for GB
Martin Taylor

Re: Higham

Post by Martin Taylor »

He looked a real threat tonight, and feel he will suit Wigan's style of play better than Newton. Millward is obviously building a mobile and quick pack, rather than a Bradford style, big and bruising pack. Higham will do just fine at Wigan next year, i have no doubts about that.
ChrisA

Post by ChrisA »

Martin Taylor posted:
He looked a real threat tonight, and feel he will suit Wigan's style of play better than Newton. Millward is obviously building a mobile and quick pack, rather than a Bradford style, big and bruising pack. Higham will do just fine at Wigan next year, i have no doubts about that.
I've said that on numerous occasions, he is a different style to newton totally. His style will suit the way Millward wants to play next season, I trust Millward far more than I would anyone on this board to run a team. I knew he was a good player before tonight, but no doubt certain people will be on here saying somthing contrary to that.
Martin Taylor

Post by Martin Taylor »

Yeah, Higham is a very talented hooker. He passes the ball far better than Newton, and while he does not have the physical presence of Newton, he will speed the ball up at Wigan, and you will see a far quicker game i feel next season.
SiY

Post by SiY »

And he was there in support for offloads tonight. So with a pack that likes to offload next season i can see many a try coming his way next season.
willie c

Post by willie c »

SiY posted:
And he was there in support for offloads tonight. So with a pack that likes to offload next season i can see many a try coming his way next season.
im looking forward to seeing higham at the jjb next season he looks rapid from acting half and a great support player think he would have gone well with danny sculthorpe
here mate is that tackle seven your jokeing my head marra
waterside glens

Post by waterside glens »

higham could end up being the pick of the bunch thought he had a great game last night,his pace is awsomeover the first twenty yards
ChrisA

Post by ChrisA »

I hate to say I told you so, but when nearly every person on this board was bemoaning the loss of Newton and saying we have replaced him with a much lesser player, I seemed to be the only person who said I was looking forward to seeing him at Wigan, and he would be just as good, but in a different way.
Martin Taylor

Post by Martin Taylor »

I always thought Higham would be more suited to Wigan's style of play. I have a lot of respect for Terry as a player, but technically he is not the best hooker, in that he is not the best passer off a ball, and tends to give some wild inetrception passes. He also gives far too many penalty's away and can blow his top. Higham is an excellent passer and will get the pack moving very quick and direct.
Exiled Wiganer

Post by Exiled Wiganer »

I agree - on the basis of the last couple of weeks, he looks a marvellous signing for us. And he can play the whole year. Godwin is also a cracker for my money - it will be interesting to see how they go together.

There is perhaps the faintest chance it could all come together nicely...