New 4 year deal for Peet

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
fozzieskem

New 4 year deal for Peet

Post by fozzieskem »

Happy enough with the direction of travel at the moment
medlocke

Re: New 4 year deal for Peet

Post by medlocke »

Jack Gibson's 3 year rule :lol:

He's changed my mind, happy enough with the signing.
lucky 13

Post by lucky 13 »

Everything about what he does as a manager seems to provide the environment that players want to be in and they can improve them selves in. Sure you will get exceptions but overall this seems like a happy and honest environment. There is a something about him that captivates when inteviewd, maybe because when we see people who lead in this country it's filled with deceitfulness and he's so dead pan straight with his answers warts and all.
I'm sure some will be on saying how great coaches only do three years and move but I see Matty much more of a manager with a coaching group under him, which can change and be added to when needed, it's a new model to previous and despite what people may say I feel more valued as a fan because of his and Rads input and direction.
02/04/2010/
[IMG]http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff24 ... 10-1-1.jpg[/IMG]

HISTORY!!!!!!!!!!!!
nathan_rugby

Post by nathan_rugby »

Wonder why the club didn’t wait until the end of the season to see?
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."
The Pearl1

Post by The Pearl1 »

)
nathan_rugby wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2023 9:20 pm Wonder why the club didn’t wait until the end of the season to see?
Because they are extremely confident he’s the man for the job, long term.

And I agree.
lucky 13

Post by lucky 13 »

nathan_rugby wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2023 9:20 pm Wonder why the club didn’t wait until the end of the season to see?
I don't think winning something this year should define a contract extension. It's plainly clear we are moving in the right direction on and off field.
This is a new set up both head coach wise and in assistance, inexperienced though it is it's well guided when needed from above. While I can here "job for the boys echoing" I'm pretty happy we have a set up that's as Wigan as the fans.
Sure when a Briers comes up that outside influence it brings can add to the mix but why wait? A headline of good news on IL legends evening is hard to begrudge no matter how hard you try.
02/04/2010/
[IMG]http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff24 ... 10-1-1.jpg[/IMG]

HISTORY!!!!!!!!!!!!
benjamaphone

Post by benjamaphone »

Happy with this, seems to be creating something special on and off the field - congratulations Matt 👍
Bobby-WRL

Post by Bobby-WRL »

:roll: weird comment
PJC

Post by PJC »

Very pleased. He cares about people. That will bring success. It is short sighted and somewhat inappropriate to suggest that his contract should depend on cups won this season.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

It was announced tonight at Mr Lenagan’s Legends Evening .

Neil Hudgell drove down from Hull to be at the evening. He was in awe of Robin Park & the history of the Wigan club that is portrayed everywhere.
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan