Scott Logan Arrives

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
ChrisA

Scott Logan Arrives

Post by ChrisA »

This is from wigantoday.net, it looks like we have signed a good player if the Roosters ahere after him too. Millward seems to rate him highly. Story below.

Logan's Run
Front row enforcer Scott Logan landed in town today with Wigan coach Ian Millward warning that the 'quiet achiever' has arrived.

Warriors' new recruit from the Souths club in Sydney is the first of the fresh wave of imported players to wash up on these shores.
The hefty Australian prop, who has played Super league before with Hull, has possibly attracted less publicity than headline-grabbers such as NFL Grand Final winner Pat Richards and Souths skipper and team-mate Bryan Fletcher.
But Millward is telling fans not to underestimate the
contribution Logan is going to make next year.
And the Wigan coach also revealed the stiff competition Warriors had to fight off to bring the huge 16 stone front rower to the JJB Stadium.
He said: "Scott had a great season with Souths last year and Rabbitohs coach Shaun McRae was keen to keep him.
"Sydney Roosters wanted him too, while Hull would readily have had him back, so this is a player with a
reputation on both sides of the world and in big demand.

"He's a massive unit, very big and barrel-chested. He's the strong, silent type, but that's not necessarily a bad thing because he could turn out to be a quiet achiever.
"And he certainly only knows one way to go, which is forward."
Logan, 28, has joined on a two-year contract, but is no stranger to life in the north of England
He played for Hull between 2002-04, becoming a firm favourite with the Humbersiders before injury struck.
Logan has also played for Sydney Roosters where he made his senior debut against North Queensland in 1996.
He made 20 appearances for Rabbitohs this summer.
Logan said: "I enjoyed
playing in England last time and always fancied another stint in Super League if the chance ever came up again.
"I had an offer to continue in the NRL, but I think I'm a better player now and I want to go back and be successful in the English Super League.
"I know Warriors are rebuilding following an unlucky year with injuries and I'm looking forward to teaming up with my best friend Bryan Fletcher."
Fletcher is due at the JJB later this week.
29 November 2005
SiY

Re: Scott Logan Arrives

Post by SiY »

Hmm lets hope he is as good as he is hyped up to be here. And if he is, we will give him recognition for it. ;)
ChrisA

Post by ChrisA »

SiY posted:
Hmm lets hope he is as good as he is hyped up to be here. And if he is, we will give him recognition for it. ;)
Isnt that just stating the obvious ? :conf:
SiY

Post by SiY »

Yeah, but "quiet achiever" makes me feel sorry for him. So if he is as good i say we sing his name from the roof tops as he deserves it.
ChrisA

Post by ChrisA »

SiY posted:
Yeah, but "quiet achiever" makes me feel sorry for him. So if he is as good i say we sing his name from the roof tops as he deserves it.
Millward means a Terry O'connor type, a player who works his nuts off but doesnt make any headlines like Palea'aesena might do with his trademark freight train runs.
Wizard_Millward

Post by Wizard_Millward »

[quote]ChrisA posted:
This is from wigantoday.net, it looks like we have signed a good player if the Roosters ahere after him too. Millward seems to rate him highly. Story below.

The Rooster's have signed Edmo from Saints, I think i'll wait until I see him performing well in a Wigan shirt before I judge him.
ChrisA

Post by ChrisA »

Wizard_Millward posted:
ChrisA posted:

The Rooster's have signed Edmo from Saints, I think i'll wait until I see him performing well in a Wigan shirt before I judge him.
I remember him at Hull and he was one of the top props in SL then, he has improved even more in the NRL and if you saw him last season you would have seen that too. If he carries on that form you wont be disapointed.

Also Feca joined us from Monday, hes training with us for a few weeks then returning to NZ for xmas. This pic is from the official site.

thegimble

Post by thegimble »

ChrisA posted:
SiY posted:
Millward means a Terry O'connor type, a player who works his nuts off but doesnt make any headlines like Palea'aesena might do with his trademark freight train runs.
We missed Terry a lot last season hes never been a destructive prop but for me hes been the most dependable prop in SL. Not the most powerful not the fastest but did everything well.

We have Pally and Jerry as impact props, hopefully Logan will do a O'Connor job and lead the front row around the ground.
ChrisA

Post by ChrisA »

thegimble posted:
ChrisA posted:
SiY posted:
We missed Terry a lot last season hes never been a destructive prop but for me hes been the most dependable prop in SL. Not the most powerful not the fastest but did everything well.

We have Pally and Jerry as impact props, hopefully Logan will do a O'Connor job and lead the front row around the ground.
Precisely what I think Millward expects from Logan, you re-itterated what I said really. I think Logan and Feca will start with Seuseu and Hargreaves on the bench, Hargreaves is very much on the O'connor mold also, he just lacks the size of Tez.