Coming Up This Week

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
josie andrews

Coming Up This Week

Post by josie andrews »

* Five Warriors teams are in action this week including three Betfred Challenge Cup semi-final ties.

* Our Women’s Academy kick off the week’s action with a derby clash on Wednesday evening.

* Men’s Reserves also return to action on home soil on Sunday.

FIVE WARRIORS TEAMS ARE IN ACTION THIS WEEK, INCLUDING THE MEN’S, WOMEN’S AND WHEELCHAIR CHALLENGE CUP SEMI-FINALS.

Wednesday

Our Women’s Academy side kick off this week’s action against St Helens on Wednesday evening at Wigan St Jude’s (6:30pm K.O.). Entry to the clash is free with donations welcomed towards the Community Club. Please allow extra time for parking as spaces are limited.

Saturday

Our Men’s First Team will be aiming to reach Wembley when they take on Hull KR in the Betfred Challenge Cup semi-final at Doncaster’s Eco-Power Stadium on Saturday afternoon.

The clash gets underway at 1:45pm, and tickets remain on general sale from The Brick Community Stadium Ticket Office, over the phone on 01942 311 111, or online HERE.

Elsewhere in the Betfred Challenge Cup, our Wheelchair side face Leeds Rhinos in the semi-finals at Hull’s The Allam Sports Centre, with the action also getting underway at 1:45pm.

Sunday

Our Reserves will be aiming to maintain their unbeaten start to the season when they return to action against Salford Red Devils (12pm K.O.) at Robin Park Arena. Please note this fixture has since been moved having originally been scheduled for Saturday 18 May.

Entry to the clash is free for Warriors Season Ticket Holders, or £5 adults and £3 concessions for non-Season Ticket Holders.

This week’s action concludes at the Totally Wicked Stadium where our Women’s team take on Leeds Rhinos for a place in the Betfred Women’s Challenge Cup final.

The match kicks off at 12:30pm, and tickets remain on general sale from The Brick Community Stadium Ticket Office, over the phone on 01942 311 111, or online HERE.

https://wiganwarriors.com/blog/2024/05/ ... s-week-64/
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Benhol123

Re: Coming Up This Week

Post by Benhol123 »

Just wondering if anyone knows if you are able to take drinks into the ground at Doncaster ?
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

Benhol123 wrote: Fri May 17, 2024 10:55 am Just wondering if anyone knows if you are able to take drinks into the ground at Doncaster ?
Im hoping so
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Firestarter wrote: Fri May 17, 2024 1:11 pm
Benhol123 wrote: Fri May 17, 2024 10:55 am Just wondering if anyone knows if you are able to take drinks into the ground at Doncaster ?
Im hoping so
Me too, I’m diabetic & have always taken my own food & drink to all grounds I’ve been too without a problem.

Although, after the last home game the steward on the gate as I was coming out told me ‘you won’t be able to bring that bag in at the home games in future’! "Why’ I asked ‘Because of all the trouble at Leigh with people taking food in’.

‘It was the ticket fiasco at Leigh,’ I told him, ‘people were buying junior tickets instead of adult ones’!

So we will just see as I’ve commented to the Warriors about this remark & it’s being brought up to the stadium Safety Officer!
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Food and beverage concessions will be open throughout the full stadium and alcohol will be allowed to be consumed in stadium seats. Supporters will not be allowed to bring their own food or drink into the stadium. Please note that the Eco-Power Stadium is a cashless venue, with payment accepted via card or smartphone only.
Hope this answers your question.
BENHOL

Post by BENHOL »

Perfect, thank you