Testimonial Games

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
jinkin jimmy

Testimonial Games

Post by jinkin jimmy »

I have only ever been to one and that was years back in the Joe Lydon era. I mention him because I remember he started fooling around, throwing NFL style passes about 50 yards upfield, etc. This was followed by a spell were nobody ran at all and the game was literally played at walking pace.

Is this the norm for testimonial games? I want to go on Thursday, but only if it is played correctly.
- psycho -

Re: Testimonial Games

Post by - psycho - »

i have been to ................................wait for it drum roll.............................................................................0
"what ever happens... we stick together... we stay together... we survive."

-------------------------------------
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

jinkin jimmy posted:
I have only ever been to one and that was years back in the Joe Lydon era. I mention him because I remember he started fooling around, throwing NFL style passes about 50 yards upfield, etc. This was followed by a spell were nobody ran at all and the game was literally played at walking pace.

Is this the norm for testimonial games? I want to go on Thursday, but only if it is played correctly.
I'm sure this will be played as a serious game; both teams will be using it as their last pre-season match. The only difference will probably be more substitutions, as both sides will want to give everyone a run-out. I'll be going.
jinkin jimmy

Post by jinkin jimmy »

Cheers, Geoff. Based entirely on your post, I'll be going too!! Hope you are not wrong.
MrsLam

Post by MrsLam »

I'll definitely be there, the wait for the beginning of the season is just unbearable!
Won't be driving mind :( Someone bumped my car while I was parked at Edgehill it's now poorly and got to go in for repair. Damn students.
:thum: Ancient and Loyal :thum:

2005 - Play for pride
2006 - Play!
jinkin jimmy

Post by jinkin jimmy »

It will be good to see Richards. I wonder if Rob's hero Aspy will outplay him? :wink:
- psycho -

Post by - psycho - »

did anyone purchase the kris testonomonial book?

jinkin jimmy

Post by jinkin jimmy »

- psycho - posted:
did anyone purchase the kris testonomonial book?
Is he a new signing? :D
- psycho -

Post by - psycho - »

lol you couldnt help yourself could you? :)

robjoenz

Post by robjoenz »

jinkin jimmy posted:
It will be good to see Richards. I wonder if Rob's hero Aspy will outplay him? :wink:
Aspinwall is Huddersfield's number 2 isn't he. That confused me because when he left Wigan he said he wasn't developing at Wigan because he was shifting from centre to winger and couldn't settle. I inferred that his preferred position was centre though.

But... of course Aspy will control Richards, there's no contest, don't know why we signed the Aussie personally!