Wembley

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
cpwigan

Wembley

Post by cpwigan »

I presume will not be hosting the Challenge Cup Final

The FA Cup and Englaand friendlies are being switched

Seems like a bit of a farce Re the company building it
cpwigan

Re: Wembley

Post by cpwigan »

We also need a new sponsor for the Challenge Cup and many school competitions connected with it because Powergen are withdrawing from League and Union after deciding to sponsor football.
Doveoverdave

Post by Doveoverdave »

pie eaters posted:
TWO EYED WARRIOR posted:
The news this lunch time says that because of Wembley not being ready it has affected the prstige of the FA Cup. What about our prestigious cup comp if the stadium is not ready for the challenge cup we have to put up with Murrayfield or Old Trafford what a set of A-Holes i hope the RFL will be taking this up with the owners of the stadium
If you read it, it stats that there should be no reason to change it.
They said the same for the FA cup.
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Pie Eaters, the construction company have been lying for months. The announcements today came on the back of journalists sneaking inside Wembley and showing how far from completion it truly is.
Fraggle

Post by Fraggle »

pie eaters posted:
The construction company was disappointed that they didnt have them a little bit more time. The reason the FA as decided to move it was because it couldnt wait any longer for an answer and could not risk it just in case they say it cannot be done in time.

Now seeing as the construction company was disappointed that the FA did not allow them a little more time to give them a decision it does not sound to me like they are 3 months behind schedule, at most it sounds like a few weeks.
They are about 6 months behind schedule, the place should have been handed over to the FA by now. Construction should have finished last year, but it is clearly still some way off. The builders will have said "yes, we can do this on time" but obviously they were wrong. The sad thing is that this will cost that company dearly, they probably deliberately shaved several months and several million pounds off their bid to ensure they got the contract but ultimately it's the manual staff who will lose their jobs if they need to make cutbacks once the project is finished. The suits who either deliberately made false promises or who made grossly optimistic estimates probably won't suffer.
http://fraggle.fotopic.net

"You rescue me, you are my faith, my hope, my liberty.
And when there's darkness all around, you shine bright for me, you are a guiding light to me....
You are a Tower of Strength to me" - Wayne Hussey, The Mission.

Shepherd's Bush Empire - 27/Feb/08 - 1/Mar/08
[hr]
Fraggle

Post by Fraggle »

pie eaters posted:
If they are 6 months behind schedule then why are they disappointed that the FA did not wait a little longer? If they are that far behind then you are saying the stadium is going going to be fit for use in after the challenge cup final. So if this is the case then the RFL would of already come out and stated that they are either going to Murrayfield, Old Trafford or Twickenham. But they havent they have come out and stated that they expect it to be ready.
Apologies, it's only 3 months rather than 6. The original handover date was December 2005. Then last May it was changed to March 2006, and now it's probably another 2 months off so it's almost 6 months behind the original timetable.
http://fraggle.fotopic.net

"You rescue me, you are my faith, my hope, my liberty.
And when there's darkness all around, you shine bright for me, you are a guiding light to me....
You are a Tower of Strength to me" - Wayne Hussey, The Mission.

Shepherd's Bush Empire - 27/Feb/08 - 1/Mar/08
[hr]
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

"The original completion date for the stadium had been autumn 2005, with the deadline first extended to the end of January and then the end of March.

Multiplex warned in January that there was only a 70% chance of the 90,000-seat stadium being ready to stage the FA Cup final."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/footbal ... 8.stm[url]
- psycho -

Post by - psycho - »

you all cant be serious lol listen to pie eaters. :) . it wont host the fa cup and a few toher events including the heinekenn cup (spelling). thoguh listening to a few interviews on skysports i am aware that it will host the FA comunity shield match for the football and then it will host the challenge cup final in august. they were dissapointed not to have it finished for the FA cup but the guys in charge have stated that IT WILL be ready for later events INCLUDING the challenge cup
"what ever happens... we stick together... we stay together... we survive."

-------------------------------------
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Have you see the pictures on the news?
- psycho -

Post by - psycho - »

have you actually listened to what the enws has said? the guys have expressed they are dissapointed YES but they also said it will be fine for the challenge cup and for the community shield. dont forget bon jovi is peforming there to dont you think the fans would like to know if they will be going to wembley to see him or if it will be a different location. nothing has been said to indicate that it will not be ready for these dates but it has been said that wembley WILL keyword being will host the cc final
"what ever happens... we stick together... we stay together... we survive."

-------------------------------------