need female help

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
MrsLam

need female help

Post by MrsLam »

Heylo wiganettes. am doin this cwk thing in english n a wanna kno wha ya think bout females watchin rugby cause there dint used be that many, please reply if ya got time
:thum: Ancient and Loyal :thum:

2005 - Play for pride
2006 - Play!
MattyB

Me Julie

Post by MattyB »

Does Ali know you is goin on the hinternet ??

Bushakaya !!
Form is temporary, Class is permanent.
marlene

female fans

Post by marlene »

I have been a Wigan fan for 50 years and there has always been lots of female supporters even going back to the old HEN PEN days
MrsLam

I'll talk proper then :P

Post by MrsLam »

I'm actually not that young and I've been watchin wigan since i was really young n I dont remember that many females, I never said there were no females at all that used to go I said there werent as many as there are now.
N cwk is coursework.
I'll change my question, i've been talkin to people who dont watch rugby and they think that the image of rugby has changed as it doesn't seem to be just a mans sport anymore. What do you think of that?
:thum: Ancient and Loyal :thum:

2005 - Play for pride
2006 - Play!
Vicki

Women at RL matches...

Post by Vicki »

My family are from Wigan and I am in the third generation of Wigan fans. However, I'm the first of the ladies to actively follow the team - my mum and grandma are both fans but would never have thought about going to the matches at my age (21), particularly my grandma. Even when I was younger (8 or 9) I remember on match days all the men would trot off to the match and I'd be left at home watching it on TV with the ladies, complaining bitterly! I think times have definitely changed for the better. The game seems to be more accessible for all - old, young, male or female.
magsrads

Woman at Rugby games...

Post by magsrads »

My Mum was the one who got us hooked on the game (I'm one of 4 sisters!). She was a Wigan supporter from the 50's when she was in her late teens.
We all used to go to games at Central Park (RIP) as a family til she died and we eventually left home and spread round the country.
I always promised that when I could afford to I would support the team actively again ...which I do try to do as much as geography and Friday night kick offs let me!
If it hadn't been for my Mum's passion for the game then I wouldn't have had the chance to be part of the best sport in the world ...something I'm trying to pass on to my neices and nephews and hopefully one day my own kids...
MRS BRIAN CARNEY

LADIES AND RUGBY

Post by MRS BRIAN CARNEY »

I HAVE BEEN A HUGE RUGBY FAN FOR YEARS, AS LONG AS I CAN REMEBER.(24 YEARS) I PLAYED RUGBY IN SCHOOL BUT HAVE NOT PLAYED SINCE. THE RAW EMOTION THAT YOU EXPERIENCE WHEN WATCHING A GAME OF RUGBY WHETHER YOUR TEAM IS WINNING OR LOSING IS INCREDIBLE. THE LIKES OF BRIAN CARNEY AND CO MAKE IT EVEN MORE WORTHWHILE.