Mr Milward

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Ken

Mr Milward

Post by Ken »

The fall of mighty Wigan as got to stop at Mr Milward
as He as a better team on paper than Denis betts ever did, and to see the players come of the field battered week in and out from playing above themselves show the commitment they had for DENIS.
the team we have now is a better team on paper but not got the heart apart from 4 or 5 players,would have been 5 or 6 if we still had Newton.
Mr M Linsey is not saying we can now start getting excided if we like is he.
ARE WE ALL BEING CONNED INTO PUTTING GOOD MONEY OUT
WHEN WE CAN ALL SPEND IT IN OTHER PLACES. :(
Ken Blinston
robjoenz

Re: Mr Milward

Post by robjoenz »

Yes, you're right. We're 4 games in with a virtually new squad of key players. We should have sealed off the minor premiership by now! Sack Millward, he's had more than long enough!
mike binder

Post by mike binder »

did you go last night ken :blush:
mikebinderflooring@yahoo.co.uk for all your carpets and vinyls suppiled and fitted

TROPHIES COMING HOME
IT COMING HOME
ITS COMING HOME
ITS COMING
TROPHIES COMING HOME
WiganWarrior

Post by WiganWarrior »

I think next season we will still wont have a settled team

Dallas last season (big loss)
Moran i think it is his last season

And add to think the loss of the rubbish that is shipped out we will have more new players at key positions, i think if we a have a poor season next potentially could be the same.

But staying in the present i think we will turn it around
Wigan til i Die !!!!

"Its like a game of union the ball disappears for 3-4 tackles then appears to be kicked" BBC GMR
damien morrissey

Post by damien morrissey »

Millward in my opinion is the best attacking coach in the league i know there is a big split in opinion when we signed him but where has this gone, we couldnt cross the line the forwards got us there enough times but we couldnt finish.Why why why???
superleague

Post by superleague »

damien morrissey posted:
Why why why???
maybe the answer is that we are not good enough
damien morrissey

Post by damien morrissey »

superleague posted:
damien morrissey posted:
Why why why???
maybe the answer is that we are not good enough
That may be true but i hope it isnt its like a set of gears waiting for the chain at the moment have we got this at the club or do we need to buy because something is missing.
jinkin jimmy

Post by jinkin jimmy »

Don't panic. I just saw the highlights and I am not as worried as I was yesterday. The conditions were very bad and would certainly have nullified any advantage we had on paper.

However, we are certainly not playing for each other as a team should. There doesn't seem to be any evidence of digging deep for your team mates. Until they start to do this for each other we will only have a set of players as opposed to a team.
walsall warrior

Post by walsall warrior »

I dared to utter my concerns regarding Millward on this site and was roundly critised.Now big Frank got the sack after defeat at Salford and we were second at the time, not second bottom.Yes i know we have only played four games but i cannot see how Brown can be a loose forward and why Dallas and Ashton swapped places.Salford played on the same pitch and showed more skill and commitment than wigan.I am affraid Millward believes his own hype.He has made major mistakes.Newton for Higham?Godwin is streets ahead.Still i will probably be critisised for this outburst :(
form is temporary class is permenant
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

walsall warrior posted:
I dared to utter my concerns regarding Millward on this site and was roundly critised.Now big Frank got the sack after defeat at Salford and we were second at the time, not second bottom.Yes i know we have only played four games but i cannot see how Brown can be a loose forward and why Dallas and Ashton swapped places.Salford played on the same pitch and showed more skill and commitment than wigan.I am affraid Millward believes his own hype.He has made major mistakes.Newton for Higham?Godwin is streets ahead.Still i will probably be critisised for this outburst :(
Haven't we proved over the last ten years that a new coach is not the answer? I argued at the time Betts left that he was taking the blame for poor performances from the players; I'll argue the same for Millward now.
If the coach has such a big effect on results, then Dorahey, West, Hughes, Monie, Goodway, Endicott, Raper, Gregory, Betts and now Millward are all poor coaches. Maybe so, but some of them had pretty good CV's before coming here.