Keeping Godwin

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
adrenalinxx

Keeping Godwin

Post by adrenalinxx »

I've have been told that Wayne Godwins contract expires at the end of the season and there has been no news about him signing a new contract with Wigan. With our current position in the League we might find it difficult to keep hold of such a talented player.

Keiron Cunningham will be off to the NRL at the end of the season (although some people said that there will be a swapped for Danny Buderus mid season) so they might be looking for a new hooker and lets face it they will do better than Wigan this season

Clubs will be after Wayne Godwin and if Wigan are not in a situation were they are winning trophies then players might look elsewhere. Money alone might not be enough to keep some of our players at the club with we are not winning things because players want to be successful and win trophies.
superleague

Re: Keeping Godwin

Post by superleague »

adrenalinxx posted:
I've have been told that Wayne Godwins contract expires at the end of the season and there has been no news about him signing a new contract with Wigan. With our current position in the League we might find it difficult to keep hold of such a talented player.

Keiron Cunningham will be off to the NRL at the end of the season (although some people said that there will be a swapped for Danny Buderus mid season) so they might be looking for a new hooker and lets face it they will do better than Wigan this season

Clubs will be after Wayne Godwin and if Wigan are not in a situation were they are winning trophies then players might look elsewhere. Money alone might not be enough to keep some of our players at the club with we are not winning things because players want to be successful and win trophies.
well why dont they pull thier fingers out and play like a trophy winning team then
mike binder

Post by mike binder »

Most consistent player on the team on bad money ,must offer him an inproved deal now before its to late,can he not have some of radders money,we need to get him tied up now :conf:
mikebinderflooring@yahoo.co.uk for all your carpets and vinyls suppiled and fitted

TROPHIES COMING HOME
IT COMING HOME
ITS COMING HOME
ITS COMING
TROPHIES COMING HOME
emma warriors simply the best

Post by emma warriors simply the best »

If milward out to do with it wagga will go at the end of the season because he lets all good players go
LOYAL
WARRIOR

PHIL BAILEY: "I am totally thrilled to be joining the Wigan Warriors. Everyone believes in the club and I can’t wait to join Wigan for 2007".

Iafeta Paleaaesina:"Our fans support over recent years has been astonishing. They are the backbone of the Club and we are truly grateful for the way they get behind us".

!!!WARRIORS 4 LIFE!!!

Born a WARRIOR!
Live a WARRIOR!
Die a WARRIOR!

we can build this dream together
standing strong forever
Nothing's gonna stop us now

Proud to be a wiganer!!!
adrenalinxx

Post by adrenalinxx »

emma warriors simply the best posted:
If milward out to do with it wagga will go at the end of the season because he lets all good players go
Eh!

Can't remember Millward letting to many good players go, he sold Aspinwall, Wild and Newton and then some academy player to Widnes most of them apart from Newton were not good enough for a team hoping to challenge for the Super League title. Newton was a good player but I think he just didn't fit with the style of play that Millward wanted. Radlinski unfortunately had to retire this season but that had nothing to do with Millward

At Saints I can't remember letting to many good players go because Millward built a good squad at St Helens.

In the past Lindsay has let one or two good players leave but not Millward.

I'm sorry if I have miss read or interpreted your post but it just doesn't make any sense to me.

I think Millward will try everything to keep Godwin but in the end if we are not winning anything Godwin’s desire to be successful might take him elsewhere
pedro

Post by pedro »

adrenalinxx posted:
emma warriors simply the best posted:
Eh!

Can't remember Millward letting to many good players go, he sold Aspinwall, Wild and Newton and then some academy player to Widnes most of them apart from Newton were not good enough for a team hoping to challenge for the Super League title. Newton was a good player but I think he just didn't fit with the style of play that Millward wanted. Radlinski unfortunately had to retire this season but that had nothing to do with Millward

At Saints I can't remember letting to many good players go because Millward built a good squad at St Helens.

In the past Lindsay has let one or two good players leave but not Millward.

I'm sorry if I have miss read or interpreted your post but it just doesn't make any sense to me.

I think Millward will try everything to keep Godwin but in the end if we are not winning anything Godwin’s desire to be successful might take him elsewhere
Got rid of Newton and signed Higham..great

If he hadnt have done we'd been playing 80mins with Godwin at the moent which sounds good to me with the thought of bringing back one of the best hookers in the game back into the team in about 4 weeks time!
mrs_carney

Post by mrs_carney »

Wagga loves it here at wigan and has JUST bought a flat here, so if he is offered a contract i reckon he WILL stay, its just whether millward wants him or wants to play his precious Higham, although on current form i wouldnt trust him 80minutes a week.
11/07/05 x - Always and forever - x <3
turf

Post by turf »

Wigan need to keep hold of Godwin, he is an absolutely fantastic player, with great awareness and agility.
RuFFFnecK

Post by RuFFFnecK »

I was always a big fan of OUR TEZ and sad to see him go. Bringing in Higham was a good move in theory, we kno how creative he can be but we are yet to see his ability in full. It is definatley Godwin who has shone for me. He's played great rugby, reading the game well from dummy half and puttin a few over the line unall! It'd be daft not to renew his contract even if Higham is Milly's golden boy!
:: FOREVER, ANCIENT & LOYAL ::
adrenalinxx

Post by adrenalinxx »

Newton was a good player but he was too predicable and gave away to many penalties. I think Higham will be a better player than Newton, ok he's not started off that great at Wigan but we seem to have forgot his Tri-Nations series were he player very well against world class opposition.