Farrell!!

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
bainzy

Farrell!!

Post by bainzy »

How about for new coach wait 4 it ........ Farrell as coach/player and bring back Rdz as assistant coach den buy back terry newton for captain hehe or at least for friday haha :D :D :D
Wigan_forever1985

Re: Farrell!!

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

if only!!! :)
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
meatpie2005

Post by meatpie2005 »

And why not? We need our leader back!
mrs_carney

Post by mrs_carney »

Farrell WILL make a good coach i've no doubt about that, unfortunately not for us, or at least not at this moment in time. He's never even been an assistant coach or a coach in any capacity at SL level, he could bring us what we need on the pitch and put some pride into our players. But i dont think he's ready for it yet. I wasnt bothered when Faz went to union because i thought we'd recruit well with his wages and to be fair the first 13 on paper look great, but what i wouldnt give for Faz right now!!
11/07/05 x - Always and forever - x <3
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

mrs_carney posted:
Farrell WILL make a good coach i've no doubt about that, unfortunately not for us, or at least not at this moment in time. He's never even been an assistant coach or a coach in any capacity at SL level, he could bring us what we need on the pitch and put some pride into our players. But i dont think he's ready for it yet. I wasnt bothered when Faz went to union because i thought we'd recruit well with his wages and to be fair the first 13 on paper look great, but what i wouldnt give for Faz right now!!
But it seems to me the problem with the team at present is one of motivation/desire, rather than technical ability.
meatpie2005

Post by meatpie2005 »

Faz would do a decent job, true he has no experience in the job but he is the one the players look upto. IM, well what can we say? I supported him from day one thinking he could get us back up there with the big boys, gripes who would be manager of Wigan Rugby?!
bainzy

Post by bainzy »

Ye true no experience as a coach but Millward loads of experience we did nothin why not try sumthin different carnt get any worse than we r at the minute ???
MrsLam

Post by MrsLam »

Not for me.

Leave anyone whos made an impact for Wigan (player wise) completely out of this situation unless you want a Graeme West type situation. They've done well for the club in the past, if something goes wrong in their coaching career at Wigan it won't be long before they're sacked like any other coach before them.

Really they dserve better treatment than they'll ever get at Wigan.
[/code]
:thum: Ancient and Loyal :thum:

2005 - Play for pride
2006 - Play!
Black Pearl 1

Post by Black Pearl 1 »

Andy farrell could do the coaching job without question GET HIM BACK ASAP but i reckon if lindsay wasnt still in charge Shaun edwards would be back
MrsLam

Post by MrsLam »

Black Pearl 1 posted:
Andy farrell could do the coaching job without question GET HIM BACK ASAP but i reckon if lindsay wasnt still in charge Shaun edwards would be back
I don't think so. He wants to be near his son and away from the north west where his brother died.
:thum: Ancient and Loyal :thum:

2005 - Play for pride
2006 - Play!