Todays Game

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Gai-Jin

Todays Game

Post by Gai-Jin »

I would just like to say commiserations for today. I enjoyed the game and up to half time I thought you were going to kick our butt's. Full marks though for never backing off, you just didn't get the bounce of the ball in the second 40.The try's from Terry Newton & Brian Carney were classic especially Brians, I hope Radders is OK, he took one hell of a knock, hope it's nothing serious. See you at Odsal in June, those of you that know me come for a drink @ the "DropKick" pub before the match.

Mine's a pint (of Malt Whisky)
AJ

Re: Re: Todays Game

Post by AJ »

nice comments from the bulls fan

but still, no wigan fan can seriously want a team whos fans cheered when a stretcher was brought on to the field for one of our players to win the cup

that was disgraceful and goes against everything rl is abput

come on leeds!
Tipstar Champion 2002 !!!
Gai-Jin

Re: Re: Re: Todays Game

Post by Gai-Jin »

Whoa AJ, wind your neck, in those cheers were not for the fact Radders was hurt. They were because the medics got the strecher on fairly quick, Kris was hurt and needed to be attended to off the field fast. A neck injury can be devastating I know cock, having spent the best part of two years in a full body cast. You will also notice the fans (most of them at least), gave Radders a standing ovation as he was taken off. A mark of respect for a true Warrior in this great game of ours.
Mine's a pint (of Malt Whisky)
Welski

Re: Re: Re: Re: Todays Game

Post by Welski »

Have to admit AJ does have a point... It DID come across on the TV coverage that the Bulls fans were cheering the fact that Rads was down and apparently out.

I was quite shocked actually... I thought that sort of "sporting behaviour" was confined to the moronic element of football fans.

Obviously it wasnt meant as it came across...which is good to hear.
Strongest Armpits in Rugby League
AJ

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Todays Gam...

Post by AJ »

well gai-jin, tthe bulls fans on rl fans seem to think it was because your mascot performed some trick

and welski, it also came across liekt hey were cheerin rads injury from the john smiths stand @ the mcalpine, many wigan fans were furious and im just glad coller heads prevaled and they didnt set off twards the bulls fans as it appeared they would on the spare of the moement

i just hope youre right bout the incident gai-jin
Tipstar Champion 2002 !!!
Paul Howard

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Todays...

Post by Paul Howard »

It did also appear to me that the Bulls fans were cheering to the fact that Radders was put out of action. It wouldn't surprise me that they did but it dissapoints me a great deal. He had a terrific game until then. Lets hope he is ok.
MrsLam

Bull mascot

Post by MrsLam »

Yip ive got to say i was booin the bradford fans when they were cheerin cause I thought it was disgusting but tha woman behind me said it was summat do wit ya bull mascot thing doin press ups, n if it was that, that's still fair disgustin that while our kris was down the bull was "entertainin people".
Anyway that stand to the right of us did stand up n clap him off. By the way wheres the Dropkick pub???
:thum: Ancient and Loyal :thum:

2005 - Play for pride
2006 - Play!
Jilly43

Re: Bull mascot

Post by Jilly43 »

While I have a lot of respect for the Bulls fans and have some great memories of Wigan Bradford games I must say that imo the Bulls Mascot has been hired with the sole purpose of being a complete pain in the rear!

By the way who do others want to win the CC. I would like to see Leeds win as they have been so nearly there for many years.
Jilly43

Re: Bull mascot

Post by Jilly43 »

Sorry ignore!

My computer went ape dunno what happened

oops im waffling now