20 man squads

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
ChrisA

20 man squads

Post by ChrisA »

Is it 5 days before game day they are supposed to be announced ?
FROM A TO B

Re: 20 man squads

Post by FROM A TO B »

The squad includes new signing Danny Hill who trained with his team mates for the first time on Tuesday following his move from Hull.

Also included is Kevin Brown who had a run out in the academy at the weekend as well as the returning David Vaealiki who has recovered from a medial knee ligament injury. Brett Dallas is in the 20 and is fit again after his groin problem ,out is Mark Calderwood who picked up a shoulder injury against Castleford.

The Wigan 20 is:-

Ashton, Brown, Dallas, Fletcher, Godwin, Goulding, Hargreaves, Higham, Hill, James, Logan, Moran, McAvoy, O'Loughlin, Orr, Paleaaesina, Richards, Seuseu, Tickle , Vaealiki.
Warrior came
Warrior saw
Warrior conquered
Warrior came
Warrior saw
Warrior conquered
Nine

Post by Nine »

FROM A TO B posted:
.. the returning David Vaealiki
Bugger!! :angry:
Squad number 18!
Kat

Post by Kat »

Full-back - Ashton
Left-wing - Richards
Left centre - Goulding
Right centre - Vaealiki
Right wing - Dallas
Stand off - Orr
Scrum Half - Higham (gotta be better than Moran?!?)
Prop - Seu Seu
Hooker - Godwin
Prop - Paleaaesina
Second row - Fletcher
Secont row - James
Loose Forward - O'Loughlin

Sub - Hill
Sub - Logan
Sub - Tickle
Sub - McAvoy

I'd rest Hargreaves, as he needs a break. Moran and Brown missing, enough said. McAvoy to cover the backs, and Tickle to move to prop.
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

Ashton
Richards
Goulding
Vaialiki
Dallas
Orr
Higham
Logan
Godwin
Paleaasina
Fletcher
Tickle
O'Loughlin

Seuseu
Hill
James
Brown
Fraggle

Post by Fraggle »

Doug Stand posted:
I don't beleive Calderwood is any loss. I would rather Dallas and Richards on the wings.
I think we'll see McAvoy in the team.
Vaealiki is a tough one... I found myself thinking with the play that Wigan put togther in the second half against cas. One of the few times they threw the ball out with pace and McAvoy knocked on going for the line that Vaealiki would have scored.
Given that McAvoy spent most of his playing career on the right, I'd have him at right centre with DV at left centre. Goulding drops out, but he didn't have the best game last week and maybe a week off will do him good.
http://fraggle.fotopic.net

"You rescue me, you are my faith, my hope, my liberty.
And when there's darkness all around, you shine bright for me, you are a guiding light to me....
You are a Tower of Strength to me" - Wayne Hussey, The Mission.

Shepherd's Bush Empire - 27/Feb/08 - 1/Mar/08
[hr]
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

Kat posted:
Full-back - Ashton
Left-wing - Richards
Left centre - Goulding
Right centre - Vaealiki
Right wing - Dallas
Stand off - Orr
Prop - Seu Seu
Hooker - Godwin
Prop - Paleaaesina
Second row - Fletcher
Secont row - James

Sub - Hill
Sub - Logan
Sub - Tickle
Sub - McAvoy

I'd rest Hargreaves, as he needs a break. Moran and Brown missing, enough said. McAvoy to cover the backs, and Tickle to move to prop.
would rather see Mcavoy in centres instead of Goulding, he put in a solid defence last week with richards, agree with Higham for Moron that could be an interesting switch. :eusa10:
thegimble

Post by thegimble »

medlocke posted:
Kat posted:
Full-back - Ashton
Left-wing - Richards
Left centre - Goulding
Right centre - Vaealiki
Right wing - Dallas
Stand off - Orr
Prop - Seu Seu
Hooker - Godwin
Prop - Paleaaesina
Second row - Fletcher
Secont row - James

Sub - Hill
Sub - Logan
Sub - Tickle
Sub - McAvoy

would rather see Mcavoy in centres instead of Goulding, he put in a solid defence last week with richards, agree with Higham for Moron that could be an interesting switch. :eusa10:
Agree Goulding maybe needs a rest and DV has a lot to prove. Thing is he ias a quality player it time for him to show it.
Nine

Post by Nine »

Logan or Paleaaesina should start but not both - we need to keep momentum by making sure at least one of our two best go-forward sprops is on any any one time. Let;s not fiorget we'll be up against Korky and Griffin - two monsters at prop.

Other than that, I think Hargreaves definitely needs a rest (no criticism that, just an observation), and a week off won't hurt Goulding. Then again, after giving Vaealiki a season to settle in he has continued to disappoint, and it will take a minor miracle now to suddenly see him being an effective centre.
Squad number 18!
Wigan Watcher

The squad for Wakefield

Post by Wigan Watcher »

The Wigan 20 is:-

Ashton, Brown, Dallas, Fletcher, Godwin, Goulding, Hargreaves, Higham, Hill, James, Logan, Moran, McAvoy, O'Loughlin, Orr, Paleaaesina, Richards, Seuseu, Tickle , Vaealiki.

This squad has failed time and time again and will fail again so why keep with it?
Highlighted players in very poor form.