tommy martin did it to us

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
stevo38

tommy martin did it to us

Post by stevo38 »

tommy martin went over our line at central park ad the ball ripped out then grounded it he called for the screen and was awarded the try so sumone explain please !
DaiJones

Re: tommy martin did it to us

Post by DaiJones »

Was just logging on to say that. Yes with the merest of touches from Kris, he was awarded a winning try at the JJB a few years ago. That was a far clearer try tonight. A scandalous decision from Presley.

Yes, it is depressing to see a once great club struggling to beat Wakefield. Yes, Moran is dreadful. Yes, O'Loughlin has lost form in the last few weeks. Yes, we don't know the meaning of flowing rugby BUT with those players and the way that we have played this season, that WAS a committed performance and we won it.

Imagine what grabbing two points in those circumstances tonight would have done for Richards, for all the players and the fans.An incompetent video referee has robbed us of what could have been a turning point in our season. Give up on video refs Rugby League if they can't make the correct decision even with all the evidence. Appalling.
dads58

Re: tommy martin did it to...

Post by dads58 »

Can anybody remember who was the video ref last season, when we were done out of the game against wakefield which robbed us of a top 6 place? I know the mastermind on field was Kirkpatrick.
Most famous team in the world playing the greatest game in the universe!
100% Warrior

Post by 100% Warrior »

I remember the incident with Martyn at JJB, as far as I'm concerned there's no point of having video refs if they can't make the correct decision.

I would rather have an incorrect decision given by a ref or linesman who has had hundredths of a second to view a contentious incident rather than receive a decision from a person who from the comfort of their seat in the stand has had the chance to view multiple replays of the incident and ... STILL GET IT WRONG !!

It comes to something when Stevo is saying that the video ref has got it wrong.

Decisions by video have to go !! :angry:

P.S. Kicking game was woeful again last night, even Stevo commented more and more as the game went on as to how bad our kicking game was, how bad is that ??
robjoenz

Post by robjoenz »

If we'd have played with no video referee we'd still have lost, the TJ was stood 2 m away from his flag on the pitch side. In normal time it looked like he dropped it.
jaws1

Post by jaws1 »

I agree with everthing what's been said on here.Tommy Martyn's try wasnt't as obvious as the one last night.The players were more committed in defense pity about the attack and the kicking game.Just a pointer i thought a knock on was when the ball hits the ground without a hand on it Richards had pressure on the ball when it touched the ground even though it was ripped from his grasp .
robjoenz

Post by robjoenz »

jaws1 posted:
I agree with everthing what's been said on here.Tommy Martyn's try wasnt't as obvious as the one last night.The players were more committed in defense pity about the attack and the kicking game.Just a pointer i thought a knock on was when the ball hits the ground without a hand on it Richards had pressure on the ball when it touched the ground even though it was ripped from his grasp .
If Richards had lost control of the ball (and wasn't knocked out) he would have needed his hand on the ball before it hit the ground for it to be a try, like the David Vaealiki one the other week in virtually the same spot.
WiganWarrior

Post by WiganWarrior »

Was it me or did the touch judges actually play a bigger part in the game other than using the flags on conversions?
Wigan til i Die !!!!

"Its like a game of union the ball disappears for 3-4 tackles then appears to be kicked" BBC GMR
mike binder

Post by mike binder »

dads58 posted:
Can anybody remember who was the video ref last season, when we were done out of the game against wakefield which robbed us of a top 6 place? I know the mastermind on field was Kirkpatrick.
it was elvis from st helens presley or what ever is name is :(
mikebinderflooring@yahoo.co.uk for all your carpets and vinyls suppiled and fitted

TROPHIES COMING HOME
IT COMING HOME
ITS COMING HOME
ITS COMING
TROPHIES COMING HOME
robjoenz

Post by robjoenz »

WiganWarrior posted:
Was it me or did the touch judges actually play a bigger part in the game other than using the flags on conversions?
Yeah, they came on a couple of times for foul play.