Referee. What Referee

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
captinjack

Referee. What Referee

Post by captinjack »

I've just got back from the JJB. Talk about being given the game. Ian Smith picked up where Russell Smith left off last Saturday. The lads tried their best, but you can't play against a ref who has either decided or been told that the Bulls are going to win. If the Bulls don't do the double with the help they are getting from the Refs they never will do. Disgraceful refereeing. If Noble has anything about him he will be ashamed in the way his team won.
John M

Re: Referee. What Referee

Post by John M »

Well you cant blame Bradford for playing along with the ref.They took their trys well and both of them where full of luck but as they say you make your own luck and Deacon did that with his wild punch-pass and then Lowes with his speculative chip kick that just bounced right for Pryce.On another day Deacons pass may of been intercepted and Lowes chip would of been taken by Radlinski.
However,Ian Smith was the worst ref ive seen for ages.Talk about blind,he couldnt see past his nose! It was just a terrible ref's display,we got away with the odd thing but BRadford got 95% of the 50/50 calls.I could swear that lowes stepped over the 40M line when he kicked that 40/20 as well.
No excuses though,the loss of Craig Smith was the turning point IMO.We lost most of our go-forward and we looked a bit small and weak down the middle.Ive no complaints with any of the Wigan players though,101% effort from everyone again.Very hard luck and if we carry on like that but just learn to keep it going for the full 80 then we wont go far wrong.
Monie is God!

Long live Monie the king!!
robo

Re: Referee. What Referee

Post by robo »

i think the ref was a total disgrace , he shouldnt be alllowed to red like that , i mean bulls were the away side yet they got nearly all
50/50 decision , plus were the hell were the linemen , the bulls were nearly always offside yet were only penalised about twice
Dorsey

Re: Re: Referee. What Referee

Post by Dorsey »

Totally agree with all you lads are saying and it is not sour grapes the ref was priceless tonight (well I wouldn't give you any money for him anyway)
DaveO

Re: Re: Referee. What Referee

Post by DaveO »

John M posted:

No excuses though,the loss of Craig Smith was the turning point
Agree 100%. He is out for a month with medial ligament damage so we only have two props left.

Its getting to the stage where no matter how hard we try we are being put in a position where we just can't complete through no fault of our own.

I thought Bradford were ordinary and lucky. The ref made some very bad mistakes and I even thought our try was a shade forward but his policing of offside was the worst I have seen this year.

In the build up to the last try a pass was an absolute mile forard and he missed it.

I see Noble thinks his side were great well you could have fooled me. I am starting to dislike this guy because he has no idea how to be gracious in victory. He was lucky tonight and he knows it.

Dave
John M

Re: Re: Re: Referee. What Refe...

Post by John M »

I know what you mean Dave.Noble and Bradford are slowly taking over as the team we love to hate.Saints and Millward have finally shut up and now Noble starts.No doubt he will get put in his place very soon.
Monie is God!

Long live Monie the king!!
wolftown warrior

Re: Re: Re: Re: Referee. What ...

Post by wolftown warrior »

totally, totally agree...
it seems like every time after playing at the JJB that we say that the ref was a total disgrace!
it spoilt the game for everyone, & this one was more gut wrenching than the semi cos we deserved to win!

watching the game on video this morning the desisions are even more obvious!
what a joke!

something has to get done bout this.. it isn`t a one off! it is EVERY home game!

OJ

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Referee. W...

Post by OJ »

Yup, goto agree with u all, the officials were having a bad hair day, when they went in at half time I thought well the ref HAS to improve in the 2nd half, ha, how wrong can u be. Was impressed by Nick Graham and was generally pleased with the overall team performance whenever we get a half fit squad we'll be laughing. Thought I was the only one who has got totally cheesed off with listening to the moans and groans of Botox Brian - he IS the new Ian Millward
Never argue with an idiot. He will bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Tickle12

Re: Re: Re: Referee. What Refe...

Post by Tickle12 »

I had to sleep on it last night but this morning i feel the same. Bradford had an extra player on the field last night and it was the referee. I am very cross as we all are. The shouting at the JJB last night at the referee could have been heard in Manchester. Was he deaf as well as blind.
ellery

Re: Re: Re: Re: Referee. What ...

Post by ellery »

It's no good saying Ian Smith was incompetent, he wasn't, he was biased. Not since the dark days of Robin Whitfield have I seen such a cynical and shameful display. The only silverlining is wait until we are all fit.We will tayter the likes of Bradford Northern