Salary cap speculation

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Mike
Site Admin

Salary cap speculation

Post by Mike »

This is sheer speculation but...

I reckon we must be in breach of the salary cap by now. This view is based on the noises about salary cap restricting the club from recruiting coming out of the club earlier in the season and recent numbers of new recruits.

I think the club may be taking the position that if we break the cap this year, any punishment will be next season. We'd rather face a points deduction next year whilst in still super league, than go down this season and have to climb our way back up. IMO in our current position this view is probably the right one to take. The only potential booby trap is if after the end of the season, the authorities take away all our points from this year and relegate us retrospectively.

Like I said, just speculation though...
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
🏆🏆🏆🏆
Fraggle

Re: Salary cap speculation

Post by Fraggle »

Mike posted:

I reckon we must be in breach of the salary cap by now. This view is based on the noises about salary cap restricting the club from recruiting coming out of the club earlier in the season and recent numbers of new recruits.

I think the club may be taking the position that if we break the cap this year, any punishment will be next season. We'd rather face a points deduction next year whilst in still super league, than go down this season and have to climb our way back up. IMO in our current position this view is probably the right one to take. The only potential booby trap is if after the end of the season, the authorities take away all our points from this year and relegate us retrospectively.

Like I said, just speculation though...
Just a thought, but I don't think ANY of the players we have brought in will be on 20k contracts. Obviously the loan players won't have been, but I would be surprised if any of the others were either. Maybe the new kid has got a 20/20 slot, but we could fit an extra 10 players in the squad for the £200k it is rumoured that Rads was getting.
http://fraggle.fotopic.net

"You rescue me, you are my faith, my hope, my liberty.
And when there's darkness all around, you shine bright for me, you are a guiding light to me....
You are a Tower of Strength to me" - Wayne Hussey, The Mission.

Shepherd's Bush Empire - 27/Feb/08 - 1/Mar/08
[hr]
primrose-n-blue

Post by primrose-n-blue »

[quote]Mike posted:

I reckon we must be in breach of the salary cap by now.
I think the club may be taking the position that if we break the cap this year, any punishment will be next season.

IMO in our current position this view is probably the right one to take./quote]

That's a load of BULL, Mike, and you know it!!
If you are found to have breached the salary cap on purpose, you are cheating.
You should be deducted all the points available for each fixture whilst you are over the salary cap.

Wigan have no right to cheat...if this is found to be true mate, then I seriously hope you get relegated.
As of this time I don't, even though it would be funny and give us some bragging rights.
mike binder

Post by mike binder »

what happend when st helens cheated a few years ago and won the gf got two pointes deducted the year after as did hull who misssed out on the play offs because of it and another club to.So stop this bull if thats what happend in the past thats what happends now ,yes you could say cheating but dont think that there is only us doing it.Check up your facts and youll see we are right ,less of this 1 rule 4 ever 1 else and another 4 wigan peeing me off now.so go back in history take all the sts points off them and relegate them see if you can get away with that :wink:
mikebinderflooring@yahoo.co.uk for all your carpets and vinyls suppiled and fitted

TROPHIES COMING HOME
IT COMING HOME
ITS COMING HOME
ITS COMING
TROPHIES COMING HOME
mike binder

Post by mike binder »

cant se how were breaking it any way as we still have radders money left
dobson 35 000
and 4 20 000 + 115 000 still got some of radders monet left so we as we have never done b4 do not break rules play by the book and that is why we are in the posistion we are because we dont cheat like certain other clubs in sl your club not in that by the way :wink: :lol:
mikebinderflooring@yahoo.co.uk for all your carpets and vinyls suppiled and fitted

TROPHIES COMING HOME
IT COMING HOME
ITS COMING HOME
ITS COMING
TROPHIES COMING HOME
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

mike binder posted:
cant se how were breaking it any way as we still have radders money left
dobson 35 000
and 4 20 000 + 115 000 still got some of radders monet left so we as we have never done b4 do not break rules play by the book and that is why we are in the posistion we are because we dont cheat like certain other clubs in sl your club not in that by the way :wink: :lol:
I wonder whether we've paid the remainder of Moran's contract, or got out out of it under the trades descriptions act? After all, we signed him on the understanding that he was a Scrum Half.
Mean Dean

Post by Mean Dean »

We know there are ways around the salary cap and them Wires must be doin it Gleeson Farfili Rahihi Briers they must be waell over.
OAMJSONA

Post by OAMJSONA »

primrose how are you lot getting round it
Wigan is and always will be a town of Cherry & White

OAMJSONA

Post by OAMJSONA »

primrose how are you lot getting round it
Wigan is and always will be a town of Cherry & White

waterside glens

Post by waterside glens »

i don,t think we,ve broke the cap rules, look at the players who have left in the last year