Proud of the lads tonight!

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
GeoffN

Proud of the lads tonight!

Post by GeoffN »

A good performance against the best side in SL. Gifted them 3 tries with silly mistakes, but overall a much better show in both attack and defence.
Dobson's kicking game showed just how bad Moran and Orr were: every kick bar one split the winger and fullback. He's pretty good in defence too.
Of the forwards, I thought Logan was outstanding, and seemed to be on the pitch most of the game, too, except for the time he was flattened. Feca wasn't his usual self, though, don't know what was up with him. Even DV looked better in both attack and defence - not good, necessarily, but better than he has been. Lockers patchy again, some silly high shots and dodgy passes, but worked hard in defence, and a lovely pass to put Richards over for the first try.

I never expected it to be that close, but take out those 2 interceptions and Klown's bizarre decisions, and we could even have won!

Keep playing like that, and we'll win more than we lose on the run-in.
Wigan_forever1985

Re: Proud of the lads tonight!

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

here here good performance no shame in that loss :eusa2:
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
taskmaster

Re: Proud of the lads toni...

Post by taskmaster »

we could have beat them if you took the silly penaltys and unforced errors we could have made the best team stains look very silly
ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

Very good play tonight. referee didnt help etc but thats with every game for both teams. 3 tries gae to them, stupid oloughlin pass when he should have held it, didnt look that bad overall toinight...

Great (better) kicking game aswell, so thankyou Dobson

McAoy and Tickle... good to see you both get back up and play rugby after the awful stains players
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

Should have mentioned Ashton earlier, too, especially that try-saver early on. Good game both in attack and defence.
caveman

Post by caveman »

we're not going down if we continue to play like we did tonight.well done lads
oldtimer

Re: Proud of the lads tonight!

Post by oldtimer »

i agree we were better[did not get beat with as many]but to be honest we did not look capable of winning the game at any point.we got given a very dodgy try and if we are happy because we onlyLOST by so few i am afraid we are easily pleased.still maintain this the worst WIGAN side ever.what was the official[ha ha] crowd tonight :(
chester

Post by chester »

Old Timer, their last try was forward, cancelled ours, it was a great performance from the lads, we've been talking lack of effort, and schoolboy mistakes all season, tonight they looked half decent, certainly not crap!!! :D
caveman

Post by caveman »

oldtimer posted:
i agree we were better[did not get beat with as many]but to be honest we did not look capable of winning the game at any point.we got given a very dodgy try and if we are happy because we onlyLOST by so few i am afraid we are easily pleased.still maintain this the worst WIGAN side ever.what was the official[ha ha] crowd tonight :(
you've got to put things into perspective!
we are bottom they are top but tonights game was more like a top six game. give them some credit!
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

caveman posted:
oldtimer posted:
you've got to put things into perspective!
we are bottom they are top but tonights game was more like a top six game. give them some credit!
I think the fact they took those three kicks at goal showed how much we were worrying them.