So Who Is The Scape Goat Now?

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Wigan Watcher

So Who Is The Scape Goat Now?

Post by Wigan Watcher »

Now Moran has gone who do you blame now?

Fraggle

Re: So Who Is The Scape Goat N...

Post by Fraggle »

Wigan Watcher posted:
For what? We've just lost to the runaway league leaders. We're not the first team to do that, nor will we be the last.
http://fraggle.fotopic.net

"You rescue me, you are my faith, my hope, my liberty.
And when there's darkness all around, you shine bright for me, you are a guiding light to me....
You are a Tower of Strength to me" - Wayne Hussey, The Mission.

Shepherd's Bush Empire - 27/Feb/08 - 1/Mar/08
[hr]
Fujiman

Re: So Who Is The Scape Goat N...

Post by Fujiman »

Wigan Watcher posted:
You can't talk. You have already slagged most of the team off in another thread
BatFastard

Re: So Who Is The Scape Go...

Post by BatFastard »

Look to the man at the top

You cant keep importing second rate players and sticking them in with kids

I think Maurice has to take the rap for this not trying to hang on to the tails of the Latics
Fraggle

Post by Fraggle »

BatFastard posted:
I think Maurice has to take the rap for this not trying to hang on to the tails of the Latics
I don't think it was wholly his decision to join the Latics board, he's answerable to Mr Whelan at both clubs.
http://fraggle.fotopic.net

"You rescue me, you are my faith, my hope, my liberty.
And when there's darkness all around, you shine bright for me, you are a guiding light to me....
You are a Tower of Strength to me" - Wayne Hussey, The Mission.

Shepherd's Bush Empire - 27/Feb/08 - 1/Mar/08
[hr]
Wigan Watcher

Post by Wigan Watcher »

BatFastard posted:
Look to the man at the top

You cant keep importing second rate players and sticking them in with kids

Someone eventually talking sense. There are now two of us who can see it as it is!!

Wigan Watcher

Post by Wigan Watcher »

Fraggle posted:
Wigan Watcher posted:
For what? We've just lost to the runaway league leaders. We're not the first team to do that, nor will we be the last.
I asked a question thats all, fans normally find a player and blame him for everything. It will not be long before one is found. Not myself but i will say people will pick on either Brown if he ever plays again or Orr.

Exiled Wiganer

Post by Exiled Wiganer »

I was going to reply to the other thread, but as I can't tell the difference between them, I'll make my point here. Many people who were not associated with Wigan tipped Wigan to go well this year. The editor of Open Rugby (I know it's not called that any more, but can't remember its new name) tipped us to be finish top. Numerous RL pundits had us back in the play offs, and the bookies had us around 4th favourites.

That suggests to me that, objectively, our recruitment was not considered bonkers. As it has panned out, the performances have been a disgrace. That must be the coach's fault - and I don't mean Noble. Bearing in mind we had a longer off season than we have ever had and virtually no representative call ups, our first half of the season was a damning indictment of Milward's coaching.

The single biggest factor in our under performing and injuries has been the squad's lack of conditioning. We have been visibly less fit than all the other teams we have played against. You only had to look at the Saints' body shapes to see the difference. The less fit you are, the likelier you are to pick up injuries.

Interestingly, Hock, who has been training on his own but is a fitness fanatic, is already after 2 games looking fitter than most of our other forwards. If you want to lay the blame anywhere, lay it at the door of the people paid to get our guys fit.

I happen to think that, as time goes by and virtually every player at every club carries knocks, everybody's fitness levels drop, and so Wigan will be less of a disadvantage as he weeks go by. But that is by accident rather than design.
Wigan Watcher

Post by Wigan Watcher »

Exiled Wiganer posted:
I was going to reply to the other thread, but as I can't tell the difference between them, I'll make my point here. Many people who were not associated with Wigan tipped Wigan to go well this year. The editor of Open Rugby (I know it's not called that any more, but can't remember its new name) tipped us to be finish top. Numerous RL pundits had us back in the play offs, and the bookies had us around 4th favourites.

That suggests to me that, objectively, our recruitment was not considered bonkers. As it has panned out, the performances have been a disgrace. That must be the coach's fault - and I don't mean Noble. Bearing in mind we had a longer off season than we have ever had and virtually no representative call ups, our first half of the season was a damning indictment of Milward's coaching.

The single biggest factor in our under performing and injuries has been the squad's lack of conditioning. We have been visibly less fit than all the other teams we have played against. You only had to look at the Saints' body shapes to see the difference. The less fit you are, the likelier you are to pick up injuries.

Interestingly, Hock, who has been training on his own but is a fitness fanatic, is already after 2 games looking fitter than most of our other forwards. If you want to lay the blame anywhere, lay it at the door of the people paid to get our guys fit.

I happen to think that, as time goes by and virtually every player at every club carries knocks, everybody's fitness levels drop, and so Wigan will be less of a disadvantage as he weeks go by. But that is by accident rather than design.

I can take on board most of your posting, I think you talk a lot of sense.

What always happens is someone says he is a good player and someone believes it who has so called credibility within the game. As soon as that happens everyone believes that this player is a great player and so on and so on.

Mr Hock training on his own……….. If you only knew!

Doveoverdave

Post by Doveoverdave »

Wigan Watcher posted:
Mr Hock training on his own……….. If you only knew!
Pray tell!