We will stay up

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
jackb

We will stay up

Post by jackb »

With the home games we have left and the changes Nobby has made there is no doubt in mind that we will stay up
the grinch

Re: We will stay up

Post by the grinch »

i hope we stay up. half way through the season and we have to cross our fingers! it breaks my heart. :(
dont let your victories go to your head or your failures go to your heart
Red Hot Mama

Post by Red Hot Mama »

Have faith in Nobby we trust. :wink:
Brian's Girl

Bring on the Warriors

Post by Bring on the Warriors »

Hope you are right. I have faith!
Proud to be a Wiganer!!!
waterside glens

Post by waterside glens »

we will be in the super league next year :eusa14:
Fraggle

Post by Fraggle »

The_Bad_Guy posted:
you know heard that same rumour two more times now, once from a neighbour who knows rugby, not exactly a reliable source and once from a fan at the game last night.

could the fourteen team league be a prospect for next year? i dunno i think it would ruin us.

i mean people will forget all that success and remember that wigan were the team that super league had to rescue from relegation.

if we're stayin up lets do it ourselves and let superleague save someone else, like quins for the umpteenth time.
Or Huddersfield or Hull, other teams that Superleague has saved from relegation. Why should we be any different? Few remember the league stopping those teams going down, in a few years time why should things be different for us? The idea of playing some teams twice and other teams three times has been long criticised by many, and the removal of that situation will probably get as many column inches as the fact it might save us.

If we stay up due to a rule change, the only people who will go on about it are fans of other teams, and I don't really care too much what they say. It's happened before, is it really such a big deal if this time it's us instead of Huddersfield, London, or the current Challenge Cup holders who would benefit if such a change were made?
http://fraggle.fotopic.net

"You rescue me, you are my faith, my hope, my liberty.
And when there's darkness all around, you shine bright for me, you are a guiding light to me....
You are a Tower of Strength to me" - Wayne Hussey, The Mission.

Shepherd's Bush Empire - 27/Feb/08 - 1/Mar/08
[hr]
Fraggle

Post by Fraggle »

The_Bad_Guy posted:
come on fraggle mate we'd never hear the end of it especially form saints fans.

and leighers it wouldn't be worth it
But do any of us go around having a go at Hull fans, or Huddersfield fans, or both of London's fans? It's all ancient history. The same way no-one really has a go at Saints fans anymore for their club breaching the salary cap a few years ago, except when they start accusing us of the same thing.

The day I start worrying about what St Helens and Leigh fans think will be the time to lock me away for my own sanity.
http://fraggle.fotopic.net

"You rescue me, you are my faith, my hope, my liberty.
And when there's darkness all around, you shine bright for me, you are a guiding light to me....
You are a Tower of Strength to me" - Wayne Hussey, The Mission.

Shepherd's Bush Empire - 27/Feb/08 - 1/Mar/08
[hr]
ellery

Post by ellery »

I think if you research the history books Saints were also saved from the drop by a rule change. A fact erased from most Saints speccies memories.
Leyther Pie

Post by Leyther Pie »

my feelings exactly tbg. Would also like to be saved but if we are the worst team over a season then we should go down. :sly:
I've never felt more like singing the Blues
When the Wiganers win and the Leythers lose.
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

ellery posted:
I think if you research the history books Saints were also saved from the drop by a rule change. A fact erased from most Saints speccies memories.
Could you eleborate on that? When was this and what rule change saved their bacon?

Dave