pack not big enough??

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
- psycho -

pack not big enough??

Post by - psycho - »

after re watching the cats match again, i noticed that our props arent strong enough. it may sound silly but it is true. our best prop in that game was jerry seu seu and that's not usual. feka has been quiet recently but works quite hard. what did make me fell that our pack wasnt big anoguh was the way that we are simply pushed over. logan was running at the cats centre at full speed and who got cleaned out? no prizes for guessing. against saints, anderson knocked tickle over, no infact he blew tickle over..........that doesnt say much about the pack. i think in the off season we should buy another prop and let eamon come through maybe use harisson hansen to rather than leaving him out mr.noble! :wink:
"what ever happens... we stick together... we stay together... we survive."

-------------------------------------
stevocod

Re: pack not big enough??

Post by stevocod »

Yes agree with that bring in Fielden and Thaiday and i think we would have a bigger more workman like forward line and i think some of the back rowers would benefit and including the backs to work off solid reliable pros like the two mentioned.

We have good impact players in Logan and Feka but nothing to come on and worry allthough Seuseu does do it from time to time granted, but we are going to have to replace him anyway.
Dawber

Post by Dawber »

It was a perfectly executed tackle on Logan thats why he got put on his @rse, As regarding the Tickle tackle (no joke intended) Anderson was a mile off side and Tickle was not ready for him, You can't even call it a tackle because he just pushed him over, Anderson did not complete the atckle he just stood over Tickle screaming like a mad man, But the one on Logan was a cracker.
stevocod

Post by stevocod »

Dawber posted:
It was a perfectly executed tackle on Logan thats why he got put on his @rse, As regarding the Tickle tackle (no joke intended) Anderson was a mile off side and Tickle was not ready for him, You can't even call it a tackle because he just pushed him over, Anderson did not complete the atckle he just stood over Tickle screaming like a mad man, But the one on Logan was a cracker.
Yes agree with that, i was a utility back when i played but mainly played stand off or wing and was quite quick and i was running quite quick and run into a prop and he went flying backwards and he was three/four times the size of me! Sometimes it's the momentum and speed hitting an off balance player, i.e. the irrestible force meeting the immovable object or you could say the bigger they are the harder they fall. :sly:
- psycho -

Post by - psycho - »

nathan_rugby posted:
I loved that tackle on logan. Any body in south stand might of herd me. When it was executed i stood up and went : 0 yes what a tackle :
Perfect technique can smash any player. Look at orr and godwin, smallest men on pitch but always see them dump tackling.
It isnt a case of size. Its how they work. Our props are just running into the markers and other props.
IE running into brick walls hence no yards. If we got feka and logan have a drive each set, running at speed off orr and dobson we will see more yards as they will be running at smaller people. This will be harder for them to tackle.
is it safe to say he loves the tackle on logan yet? :lol:

cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Our pack is very big. Size alone is not enough. Speed, athleticism and footwork are equally important. Our best prop was logan and to clear up about the tackles. Firstly, such tackles look dramatic but that is all. Logan like Dallas runs full on into impact. What happened on that occasion and in the early minutes was that the second row bumped him into the tackler. The first time he did it, their centre was left groggy, the second Logan was floored.

The best tackles remain in the guts.

If you ever want to see dramatic, try to get hold of Ben Izzard on Benny Elias. Brutal to look at but Elias got up and played the whole game, even scoring a try. However, to look at it youd think he woud have been dead after the tackle.
stevocod

Post by stevocod »

But for the purpose of Feka and Logan not lasting the 80 as all props we need bulk as back up and agree with Pyscho we need something else.
- psycho -

Post by - psycho - »

wgnwrs posted:
cpwigan posted:
Our pack is very big.
Errr :conf: well explain why it's the smallest in super league?
you do know we have feka, hock fletcher logan ans seu seu don't you.....to add to two very good hookers. where did you get that from?

stevocod

Post by stevocod »

Small but the most mobile pack in Super League but we are a bit lightweight in replacement and could do with a bit of raw power which i thought Feka would do a bit more than a few random burts that he has given so far this season.
heydude

Post by heydude »

wgnwrs posted:
BBC Radio Manchester Rugby league hour. It was talking about Salford and sayin they were having a good season with the second lightest pack in SL. Only Wigan have a smaller pack.
funny this because when wigan played saints it was said on sky that they both had the biggest packs in super league is someone using different scales.
don't eat yellow snow