Fans Matchday Photo website idea...

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
ancientnloyal

Fans Matchday Photo website idea...

Post by ancientnloyal »

I think what this site is missing is a website that all fans on here can upload their match day pictures so everyone can have a look etc...

I've used the Yahoo service and set up an account today, and have already created an album ready for the Harlequins match this saturday.

The way it will work is this...
  • I have the yahoo username and password and this will be available to ALL people on here if enough people are interested.

Everyone can upload THEIR pictures free of charge for each match

Easy to login (using username and password... to upload an image, simply drag and drop into a 'box' and give the pictures a description...

Anyone think this is a good idea? If so we can have a good start on sunday morning when the first pictures could be uploaded. Hopefully Mike (site owner) could put a link on this website for easy access if this proves popular...

so... anyone think this will work?
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
wigan_lad_wigan

Re: Fans Matchday Photo websit...

Post by wigan_lad_wigan »

i thnk its a great idea id id be happy to take some pics of the day out to quins!
WE R STAYIN UP!!!
wigan_lad_wigan

Post by wigan_lad_wigan »

i thnk its a great idea id id be happy to take some pics of the day out to quins!
WE R STAYIN UP!!!
ancientnloyal

Re: Fans Matchday Photo we...

Post by ancientnloyal »

Website is... follow the link...

http://uk.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/wiganrlfans/my_photos

If you want to see what its like... nowt much on though...
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
Fraggle

Post by Fraggle »

ancientnloyal posted:
I think what this site is missing is a website that all fans on here can upload their match day pictures so everyone can have a look etc...

I've used the Yahoo service and set up an account today, and have already created an album ready for the Harlequins match this saturday.

The way it will work is this...
  • I have the yahoo username and password and this will be available to ALL people on here if enough people are interested.

Everyone can upload THEIR pictures free of charge for each match

Easy to login (using username and password... to upload an image, simply drag and drop into a 'box' and give the pictures a description...

Anyone think this is a good idea? If so we can have a good start on sunday morning when the first pictures could be uploaded. Hopefully Mike (site owner) could put a link on this website for easy access if this proves popular...

so... anyone think this will work?
It sounds a good idea, but a couple of cautionary points (please note, these are not meant as criticisms, just thoughts from someone who's been playing on the web for 10 years now!):-

1. Beware of people posting inappropriate images, if you're making the login publically available. One of the reasons this site has moderators is because an earlier Wigan RLFC website was closed down due to people posting highly inappropriate images. I've never been able to look at a parrot in the same way since then. Someone would need to keep a check to ensure things weren't being abused. Or, you might want to be a bit more cautious about who you give the logins to. Perhaps get people to email you to ask for the username/password instead?

2. It might be useful to post some information such as rules about image sizes, image resolutions, that kind of thing. My digital camera, for example, generates 8 megapixel images that would take up huge amounts of space on the server and be far too big for display on the screen. This site is built in, I think 640 x 480 pixel resoultion; my camera generates images something like 3500 x 2400 and 3mb in size which is completely wasted. Does the site automatically resize images?

3. People linking images from that site to show in messages on here might need to be aware of bandwidth and performance issues for this site - if linked images slowed things down or used up too much bandwidth then we might need to take action on that.

Good luck to you, I hope it works. I've not used Yahoo Images, instead I use Fotopic which is a UK company but whose main business is image hosting whereas Yahoo is trying to be all things to all people, but it seems popular enough.
http://fraggle.fotopic.net

"You rescue me, you are my faith, my hope, my liberty.
And when there's darkness all around, you shine bright for me, you are a guiding light to me....
You are a Tower of Strength to me" - Wayne Hussey, The Mission.

Shepherd's Bush Empire - 27/Feb/08 - 1/Mar/08
[hr]