Re: Sean O'Loughlin

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Fraggle

Post by Fraggle »

JJ posted:
When is Brian going to sell Sean O'Loughlin he's a waist of space. 25 min into the game and he has made 5 mistakes. GET RID. :angry:
If the SportingLife score page is to believed, something must be going right so far, although it's bit hard to tell how things are going when all you can see is who has scored!

I've said before, Noble must think things are going right for his captain, else he would drop him. Nobby doesn't seem shy at dropping players who are not doing the business, and he's the coach so probably in a better position to judge than we are. Have faith in the man, we seem to be ok so far...
http://fraggle.fotopic.net

"You rescue me, you are my faith, my hope, my liberty.
And when there's darkness all around, you shine bright for me, you are a guiding light to me....
You are a Tower of Strength to me" - Wayne Hussey, The Mission.

Shepherd's Bush Empire - 27/Feb/08 - 1/Mar/08
[hr]
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

must agree he has been poo, made mistakes done naff all in attack and stood by and watched dobson make a tackle, why do some on here defend him so much :angry:
Martin Taylor

Post by Martin Taylor »

He is rubbish! Can't get involved in the game. He is always the second or third tackler, never the first. Once again his swinging arm is there! too small, too slow, no passion!
thegimble

Post by thegimble »

Martin Taylor posted:
He is rubbish! Can't get involved in the game. He is always the second or third tackler, never the first. Once again his swinging arm is there! too small, too slow, no passion!
He dropped a ball with the line at his mersey and his high shots are costing points.

Id get him rested if possible but basically he not good enough.
Fraggle

Post by Fraggle »

thegimble posted:
He dropped a ball with the line at his mersey
He's become a scouser? That might explain a lot...!
http://fraggle.fotopic.net

"You rescue me, you are my faith, my hope, my liberty.
And when there's darkness all around, you shine bright for me, you are a guiding light to me....
You are a Tower of Strength to me" - Wayne Hussey, The Mission.

Shepherd's Bush Empire - 27/Feb/08 - 1/Mar/08
[hr]
adrenalinxx

Post by adrenalinxx »

Sean O'Loughlin is trying to hard at the moment and it is having a bad effect on his game. He is trying to be like Farrell leading by example in attack and defence but O'Loughlin doesn't have the experience to know what to do and when. Players like Farrell and Radlinski don't go running around the pitch trying to do everything but instead they come up with something when it is needed. O'Loughlin has too much pressure on him at the moment, if the pressure of captaincy and relegation were lifted then he would start to play better rugby, remember O'Loughlin is still recovering from an injury.

I agree he has been poor of late but I would not go as far as selling him, he is still a great player he has shown this for Wigan before. Perhaps he should be rested for a few games but I think that Noble still things O'Loughlin is good enough for Wigan.

If Wigan survives then next season we should see better performances from people like O'Loughlin with decent centres and a good stand off at the club.
thegimble

Post by thegimble »

Fraggle posted:
thegimble posted:
He dropped a ball with the line at his mersey
He's become a scouser? That might explain a lot...!
It was a bloody big line :cool:
jokerss

Post by jokerss »

:angry: I like to come on this site but to slag off a young Wigan player who gives his all week in week out bearing in mind the pressure he has on his young shoulders, its a disgrace. Stop living in the past, Wigan are going through a bad spell but I for one won't slag off the youth of Wigan. Instead slag off the journey men from Australia who under perform week in week out. I won't be sharing any good info about any transfers with you bunch of losers again. Signing off Joker. Get a **** life, don't slag off the team you support, ****.

EDIT by DaveO. Don't use foul language.

baz
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

jokerss posted:
:angry: I like to come on this site but to slag off a young Wigan player who gives his all week in week out bearing in mind the pressure he has on his young shoulders, its a disgrace.
While some of the comments are a bit OTT discussing how players perform is a big part of what this site is about.
Stop living in the past, Wigan are going through a bad spell but I for one won't slag off the youth of Wigan. Instead slag off the journey men from Australia who under perform week in week out.
What makes Lockers immune froim your critisism? He is player like all the rest, has a few seasons under his belt and whether you like it or not he isn't having the best of seasons.

I think he is a good player and hope he does sign a new deal but despite all the excuses that can be made for him this year it's not rocket science to conclude he isn't firing on all cylinders.
I won't be sharing any good info about any transfers with you bunch of losers again.
If you repeat the language that followed this quote again you are not wrong on that score!

Dave
jokerss

Post by jokerss »

everyone has a opinion, but as a freind off lockers, who is a true wigan lad, whoworks his socks off under imense pressure, it does not deserve such critism, what about the aussie journeymen who earn a dam site more than lockers does
baz