warrington 22 wigan 20

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
wigan rugby

warrington 22 wigan 20

Post by wigan rugby »

were down but definatley not out i have to say full credit to wigan we tried our best but it is more evidance that referees want wigan to go down because just a couple of mins left an sullivan goes for the drop goal and big scotty logan tackles him so silverwood says knock on to warrington then the silly chap in yellow wit a flag comes over and says there was a interfeorance now i thought once the referee as made a decision its final so i think that warrington did not deserve it neither did wigan it should of been a 20 20 draw do you agree
"We got the best club in all of the world
we got Barrett and Kenny
Edwards and Hanley
Boston and Kevin Irooooooooo
oooooooo ooooooooo ooooooooo"

Watch My Wigan Warriors Video On Youtube And Please Leave A Comment
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=6bFqmejJ0_8

turf

Re: warrington 22 wigan 20

Post by turf »

A referee CAN change is mind, especially if his name is a certain Richard Silverwood. Also had Dallas taken off, and by the sounds of it on the radio it is NOT looking too convincing.

Don't tell me that his season has just ended!!!!!!!!
willie c

Post by willie c »

wigan rugby posted:
were down but definatley not out i have to say full credit to wigan we tried our best but it is more evidance that referees want wigan to go down because just a couple of mins left an sullivan goes for the drop goal and big scotty logan tackles him so silverwood says knock on to warrington then the silly chap in yellow wit a flag comes over and says there was a interfeorance now i thought once the referee as made a decision its final so i think that warrington did not deserve it neither did wigan it should of been a 20 20 draw do you agree
what i heard on the radio was that tickle took sullivan out and bries started screaming at the linesman thats why he came on to the field referees can change the decision if the linesman sees something he doesnt
here mate is that tackle seven your jokeing my head marra
turf

Re: warrington 22 wigan 2...

Post by turf »

My apologies to Silverwood then.
waterside glens

Post by waterside glens »

tbh i think wire's results over the last 2/3 weeks have been unlucky and always thought todays game would be a hard one
superleague

Post by superleague »

i for one didnt think we would win 2day just had that feeling that we would lose..........and on another note i was abit annoyed when the club left it so late to say you couldnt pay on the doors.
Dangerous Doc Murray

Post by Dangerous Doc Murray »

who was the linesman? anyone know?
Alex the Warrior

Post by Alex the Warrior »

Warrington over the last few years has been a bad place for getting cheated. Knock on for the first try, an attempted tackler obstructed for the second one, and the penalty. let's not go there. Silverwood was right on top of it and gave a knock against them. The fact that we didn't get a single penalty for off side or not being square tells a story too.

We're still not quite cute enough in the final 20 though. We're not getting enough points when that close.

Grumbles - O'Loughlin. I'm sorry, but I don't see why he gets defended the way he does on here. Too many penalties given away, often for going too high. Sort it out. Poor handling when 10 metres from the line early on. Not a good enough player and lousy choice as captain.

Calderwood - the way he let his man get free for their final try was awful, though he put Ashton in the clear well later on.

McAvoy's dreadful knock on under our posts was costly. Just cannot fathom mistakes like that.

Not having Richards on the bench hurt us too when losing Dallas. Hamstring, so at least 3 weeks for him and it may be the end.
From Mission Impossible (1991) to The Great Escape (2006)
First Try Tickle

Post by First Try Tickle »

wigan rugby posted:
No, sorry but i don't

Briers conned the ref on both ocasions for penalies under the posts.

1st one he dived, 2nd he screamed at the linesman.

He's a cheat and shouldn't be tollerated.
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

The linesman is a damn Aussie. he was referee at the Wigan v Waire U21 fixture on Saturday. He referees academy games. Silverwood was closer and gave a knock on. Briers started screaming. The aussie linesman had never flagged or anything. All of a sudden he comes on. Penalty. Arghhh. Tickle was next to Sullivan but to me it looked like Sulivan cold stone lost it and that it was Silverwood originally gave.

We slipped up in the first half not taking 2 points when we had them on offer for a 10-4 scoreline.