dallas

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
jay&dianewarriors

dallas

Post by jay&dianewarriors »

any one got any news on brett dallas that lad as had some tough luck
AJ

Re: dallas

Post by AJ »

time to let him go

cannot justify his wages any longer

i feel so sorry for him

but enough is enough, hopoefully the rumours of cronulla wanting him are true and he cant start again

but for me

thanks and farewell brett!
Tipstar Champion 2002 !!!
MrsLam

Re: Re: dallas

Post by MrsLam »

Yeah, I definitly wouldnt have said this last year or the year before, but whats the point in having good potential if its never on the field? Hes a great player when he is playing but hes had a lot of bad luck with injuries.
It'll be a shame but if we're keeping players that are going to sit on the bench every match then wigan mayaswell sign me cause ill gladly do that.

How is "definitly" spelt?
:thum: Ancient and Loyal :thum:

2005 - Play for pride
2006 - Play!
Vicki

Re: Re: Re: dallas

Post by Vicki »

'definitely'

And I agree, I've had enough of Brett's injuries, even though when he's in form he's brilliant. He's just never in form. I think Brett himself is pretty fed up of it as well so I wouldn't be surprised if he's looking for a move sooner rather than later.
100% Warrior

Post by 100% Warrior »

Have to say that I've got to agree with some of the postings made on this subject.

Although on his day Brett is probably one of the best wingers in rugby league you cannot continue to spend money on a player who spends most of their season up in the stands, at the end of the day it comes down to finances.

It's a shame as since Brett arrived at the club he's not had the best of luck injury wise, also it would help if the referees kept an eye out for the number of headshots he takes in a match from the opposition, it's ridiculous.

If free from injury I'd certainly attempt to keep Brett at Wigan, but business sense says if he can't play, the club cannot continue to keep him on the books.
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

In answer to the original question, Dallas is likely to be out at least for the St Helens match after his hamstring tightened against Leeds.

Carney also has a hamstring problem and is likely not to make it for Friday.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
🏆🏆🏆🏆
sedbergh

Post by sedbergh »

I tend to agree with all the comments. It's a shame but based on his availability to the club this season and last, then we have to let him go. A great winger on his day and he has been the subject of some horrific head shots, but we have to be practical.

Good luck Brett.
Ellie from the Block!

Post by Ellie from the Block! »

Yep, I agree with the rest of you (which makes boring reading). Dallas is a great player and when he's on form we can see the team transformed, but has not given the club value for money.
Very sad...but true.
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

Ellie from the Block! posted:
Yep, I agree with the rest of you (which makes boring reading). Dallas is a great player and when he's on form we can see the team transformed, but has not given the club value for money.
Very sad...but true.
I don't think this is entirely true because while he has been injured far too much when he has been fit I think its the club who have not had value out of him by using him incorrectly, not him not giving the club value as he always give 100%.

The club, i.e. the centres, rarely get the ball out to him and when they do half the time its in stupid positions so he gets his head taken off.

IMO if the club played him properly, outside a decent big centre then he wouldn't get clobbered so much and would be given the ball to run with so he could use his pace at the right time.

Centres are in my book supposed to be big, strong lads with good hands who actually protect the winger by making the hard yards and then freeing up the winger with a deft pass to go running for the line.

I don't think we have a centre capable of that at the moment. Johnson has not got the hands or IMO the vision and the others are not big enough. In fact I sometimes wonder if our centres are coached in centre play at all.

Result is both wingers end up coming looking for work or never see the ball, taking it at first reciever and getting clobbered.

If that is the game plan we need bigger wingers but I hope it isn't because its boring.

There is nothing like some genuine pace to set the crowd on fire and you don't get that from huge wingers.

Dave

John M

Re: Re: Re: dallas

Post by John M »

To put it simply Brett Dallas is useless in a Wigan shirt.As has been stated,its no good having a speedy winger if you cant get the ball to him.That renders him useless to Wigan because he never gets a pass.

Goodbye Brett,thanks for the first 10/15 games.
Monie is God!

Long live Monie the king!!