Enough

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
chrisJJ

Enough

Post by chrisJJ »

i've have heard enough about the salary cap!!

it's over. WE are level on points with Wakey and Catalan and that's that. Nothing will change it, until we get on to the rugby field.
To be the best
you have to beat the best
Fraggle

Re: Enough

Post by Fraggle »

chrisJJ posted:
i've have heard enough about the salary cap!!

it's over. WE are level on points with Wakey and Catalan and that's that. Nothing will change it, until we get on to the rugby field.
So we're not allowed to complain about it and be unhappy? This will be a topic of discussion for a few more days yet, I'm sure, and possibly for the rest of the season since our survival is now likely to go right down to the last game, and perhaps beyond because there will be more speculation about whether we have complied this year or not. If you don't want to hear about the salary cap, you don't have to read threads about it. But it's a valid topic relating to our club, so it's fair game for discussion on here.
http://fraggle.fotopic.net

"You rescue me, you are my faith, my hope, my liberty.
And when there's darkness all around, you shine bright for me, you are a guiding light to me....
You are a Tower of Strength to me" - Wayne Hussey, The Mission.

Shepherd's Bush Empire - 27/Feb/08 - 1/Mar/08
[hr]
Bear

Post by Bear »

Good Man fraggle... Never thought i`d say that :lol:
OOOOOO were the greatest club in the world!!!!
waterside glens

Post by waterside glens »

it,s time our game had a level playing field before it becomes a laughing stock
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

waterside glens posted:
it,s time our game had a level playing field before it becomes a laughing stock
That's the whole point of the cap! The rules have been applied to us exactly as they would have been for any other club.
ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

Wigans fault for going over the cap, should have used U-21s at least, mad that the RFL leave it too late.

https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
carl hodson

Post by carl hodson »

It doesnt matter how well the players do on the field - at the moment they need to win against leeds to get back to where they already were last week.It can hardly be good for morale in the dressing room in front of an already difficult away fixture and after such a difficult season. :angry:
chrisJJ

Post by chrisJJ »

If catalan are going to perform like they did on friday week in, week out, they don't deserve to be in super league!

(But if they stay in it should be a garenteed 4 or maybe 6 points)
To be the best
chrisJJ

Post by chrisJJ »

that's unfair, if Wigan were top of the league and it was saints in this position then you wouldn't mind if there was a team exempt from relegation. You would be happy
To be the best
Fraggle

Post by Fraggle »

mickw posted:
all this hasstle and catalan won`t last five years but leigh and wigan always will.
Ah, the words of an anti-expansionist. I feel obliged to mention that one of the teams that merged to form UTC that became Les Catalans, XIII Catalan, dates back to 1935, and the other team that became UTC, AS Saint Estève, goes back to 1965. Whilst that's not quite as long ago as Wigan and Leigh, it's still a lot of history and shouldn't be dismissed as a fly-by-night operation.
http://fraggle.fotopic.net

"You rescue me, you are my faith, my hope, my liberty.
And when there's darkness all around, you shine bright for me, you are a guiding light to me....
You are a Tower of Strength to me" - Wayne Hussey, The Mission.

Shepherd's Bush Empire - 27/Feb/08 - 1/Mar/08
[hr]