wigan to sign for next year

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
AnDy WiGaN WaRrIoR

wigan to sign for next year

Post by AnDy WiGaN WaRrIoR »

wigan could be signing vagana or talu vagana wants to move to a english team but its either bradford wigan or leeds he has to the 30 june to decide to stay in the nrl or move to 1 of them clubs any body ave any latest news
pk

Re: wigan to sign for next yea...

Post by pk »

id rather have vagana, and from various links and quotes ive read on Oz websites talau has made it quite clear its saints hes off too.
100% Warrior

Post by 100% Warrior »

I'd like to see Vagana lining up for Wigan next season.

Also, we need to sort out that stand off position, if not with an overseas signing how about Danny Orr.

If Lammy decides to stay, GREAT !! but if he leaves I'd love us to sign Stacey Jones. Probably wouldn't happen though.
warriorjon

Re: Re: wigan to sign for next...

Post by warriorjon »

As iv stated before i honestly think the Vagana deal is done and the Talau deal is done for saints as well. I two would love to see stacey jones as he has a very simillar style to lam and think this would ease his transition to the club never going to happen though he has just signed a lifetime contract with the N.Z. Warriors and if he honours it is guaranteed to go down as being a legend in the game over there and a nice little retirement package too, N.Z. Coach and the rest of the benefits.
Ellie from the Block!

Post by Ellie from the Block! »

PLEASE STAY LAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Deltic3

Re: Re: wigan to sign for next...

Post by Deltic3 »

I am looking forward to hopefuuly seeing Vagana next year. As for the half backs Fitler and Johns are both off contract at the end of the season - here's hoping. Although i would be more than happy if Lam stayed. As for Orr forget him we have Kevin Brown!

Wigan1979

Re: Re: Re: wigan to sign for ...

Post by Wigan1979 »

Yes, please forgot Orr. He's a tricky little stand off but lacks the attacking qaulity & flair we want & have in Brown. He's like a Shaun Edwards at that age but probably with more speed & size. He's your 6 for nxt year with O'Loughlin & Nick Graham, cos wigan must sign him for a year on his defensive qualities alone, he's been oustanding considering he's only just overcomin jet-lag!(thats why I think he came out the line against leeds last week when they scored, I think he was @ home avin a nap for a minute).
And this talk on Vagana, yeh he's big & stong but ain't he comin for the money. He's already counted out warrington & london so its just Bradford, St's & Wigan accordin 2 his agent & who can offer the most security for him & his family!!! I'd say who's gonna give him the biggest pay day (erm St's..don't think so). If little Mo sticks 2 his word & only brings in players who want to do somethin for this club then thats great, but no more O'Neil signings. Yes, he did good in some games i.e. CC2002, & got us out of scraps against teams like Widnes but not consistent enough & not enough commitment to the cause. But if he says he wants to PLAY for Wigan then get him a jersey with his name & number printed on it.
Were also gonna need a prop or 2 as Smiths off & O'Connor will be gettin pushed even more nxt year with fitness, but he can still drive it 2 the line. And Bibeys a lazy arse who needs beefen up more & some phycological work done on him like Bradford did with Anderson that your biggest assest is your size & strength & thats why your a prop. So run ard un fast @ the line & break through um cos Scully can do all the off loadin. Don't think we need any other spots replacing as quite fruiteful with the youngster.
Deltic3

Re: Re: Re: Re: wigan to sign ...

Post by Deltic3 »

If Craig Smith does leave what about trying to sign Kordalis from Wakefield. He is a no nonsense prop who takes the ball up well and doesn't mind a bit of the rough stuff. He played a blinder against us at Belle View - one more thing he is only 23ish.

As for Bibey at the moment he is about as much use as a plank - he has the potential for great things but i just don't think his head is right. He could trample all over the opposition if he wanted to but when he hits somebody he just stops and falls over. As has been said he should take a leaf out of Paul Anderson's book and murder the opposition!
warriorjon

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: wigan to s...

Post by warriorjon »

Korkidas is a class prop and he is 21! id sign him if we were to lose Craig think he will return to Oz though after next season as i think he is only over here for game time. He is being groomed for big things in Oz.