Team announced

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Mike
Site Admin

Team announced

Post by Mike »

Team for st Helens
Shaun Briscoe, Paul Johnson, Martin Aspinwall, David Hodgson, Jamie Ainscough, Sean O' Loughlin, Adrian Lam, Terry O'Connor, Terry Newton, Craig Smith, Mick Cassidy, Nick Graham, Andy Farrell.
Subs: Mark Smith, Danny Sculthorpe, Kevin Brown, Gareth Hock.

Well I got the personell right, Only my the predictions of Graham and Newton on the bench were wrong. I still think a little more boldness in the selection may be required - i.e. one of Hock or smith getting a start (ideally Hock, with Graham on the bench and Farrell in the 2nd row).
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
🏆🏆🏆🏆
pk

Re: Team announced

Post by pk »

i hope hodgson plays wing and not johnson

otherwise im quite happy with that but can we PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE try give lam a bit of support and protection when hes kicking? if he goes off tomorrow it'll be a disaster.
MrsLam

Re: Re: Team announced

Post by MrsLam »

Yeah, lets be ready for dirty, high, late tackles on little lam :( The last thing we need is him getting injured, lets hope the refs been told to watch out for them too.

Good to see C smith back though, hopefully he'll do a few strong runs while hes fresh. I cant wait, im sooooo ready for this match!!!!! Come on you warriors :>:>:>
:thum: Ancient and Loyal :thum:

2005 - Play for pride
2006 - Play!
rugbynelly

Re: Re: Re: Team announced

Post by rugbynelly »

id on personally started danny sculthorpe ahead of 1 of them. he has been our best prop by far this season
but come on we can do it
theres only 1 team in wigan
MrsLam

Re: Re: Re: Re: Team announced

Post by MrsLam »

He should have the best match of the season tomorrow, theres so much in it for him with it being his brothers team, and its away from home and with neither of us winning our last match. Cant wait to cheer him on and sing "Dannys better than paul"
Argh I hope tomorrow day time goes quickly.

:thum: Ancient and Loyal :thum:

2005 - Play for pride
2006 - Play!
John M

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Team annou...

Post by John M »

Why the hell is Faz back at loose forward? He must of been crying to Maurice about Raper moving him.
A note for Faz,a loose Forward is supposed to be loose and venture all over the the width of the play not just hang about on the left.
I cannot see the point in this change.We are now playing a loose forward at second row and a second row at loose forward.It seems a bit mad to me.
I can only imagine that Faz will be back up to his old tricks of throwing inside balls to stick insects but i suppose that will just be his usual self.
Monie is God!

Long live Monie the king!!
captinjack

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Team a...

Post by captinjack »

Fully agree with you John M. Andy can be read like a book, every team knows what he is going to do, it is like his tape is stuck in a loop and can't do anything about it. I feel that he would be better at 2nd row for the benefit of the team and either let Nick Graham or Gareth Hock take the loose forward position. Better be careful though John this could be classed as heresy by the blinkered amoungst us.
100% Warrior

Re: Team announced

Post by 100% Warrior »

Have to agree with the last two posts why has Faz been brought into the loose forward position again.

It's not as though Nick has played badly, as stated before it's obvious what Faz is going to do.

Faz stay in the 2nd row running out wide and punching holes through the defence it's what you're best at.
warriorjon

Re: Re: Team announced

Post by warriorjon »

Call me an optomist but i think it may be done as a git of a bluff (I hope) With Faz although playing loose actually performing like a second row and Graham playing the loose forward role think this may give them both a little more time as it may cause confusion and hesitancy in the saints defence.
rugbynelly

Re: Re: Re: Team announced

Post by rugbynelly »

i think this is the correct choice.
While farrel has been playing in the 2nd row he hasnt been playing AS a 2nd row.
2nd rows are ment to run angles and make yards not throw stupid passes about so maybe graham will be the man for the job
theres only 1 team in wigan