Hudds Game

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
WiganWarrior

Hudds Game

Post by WiganWarrior »

If we win this and Cas and Wakefield both lose there games we could go 8th about hudds on points diff 2 points clear of Wakey and 1 clear of Cas.

We should win were at home, and looking back Hudds are the team with picked up our first 4 points off. A good omen i think.

Bradford Bulls vs Castleford Tigers (cas playing well but the bulls should be able to beat them at home)

Wakefield Trinity Wildcats vs Leeds Rhinos (hopefully Leeds back on winning ways)
Wigan til i Die !!!!

"Its like a game of union the ball disappears for 3-4 tackles then appears to be kicked" BBC GMR
stacey c

Re: Hudds Game

Post by stacey c »

WiganWarrior posted:
If we win this and Cas and Wakefield both lose there games we could go 8th about hudds on points diff 2 points clear of Wakey and 1 clear of Cas.

We should win were at home, and looking back Hudds are the team with picked up our first 4 points off. A good omen i think.

Bradford Bulls vs Castleford Tigers (cas playing well but the bulls should be able to beat them at home)

Wakefield Trinity Wildcats vs Leeds Rhinos (hopefully Leeds back on winning ways)
Think (and hope) that the rhinos go into this next round blazing. They played better than they have been and dont think they will want 2 be beaten by 2 relegation threatened clubs in a fortnight!
Fingers crossed!
ChrisA

Post by ChrisA »

Huddersfield have quite a few injury worries for Friday, and with the CC final the week after I doubt they will risk too many people, every club says it, but players and coach alike will both have one eye on the final. Which is obviously good news for us.

*Edit*
Saying that though, after examining the league table. If we beat Hudds, Wakey and Cas win (both unlikely I know), Huddersfield will be in the relegation spot.
ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

They will have 1 eye on the challenge cup. Especially the skints winning 72-4 last weekend, they will want to be full strength.

I hope O'Carroll gets a place on bench though, for some reason. Hock will be MOM
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

ChrisA posted:
Huddersfield have quite a few injury worries for Friday, and with the CC final the week after I doubt they will risk too many people, every club says it, but players and coach alike will both have one eye on the final. Which is obviously good news for us.
THorman is now confirmed to be out for the Wigan match (and is a doubt for the cup final) http://www.sportinglife.com/rugbyleague ... field.html
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
🏆🏆🏆🏆
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Thorman out is great news. I hope he gets fit for the cup final though :D
Martin Taylor

Post by Martin Taylor »

cpwigan posted:
Can anyone realistcally see a possible upset here? I know stranger things have happened (i.e. back in 1998, we don't need to talk anymore about that) but i just can't see it this time around! I think it could turn into a bit of a bad day for rugby league, with a 30 points plus difference between the two teams!
Fujiman

Post by Fujiman »

Martin Taylor posted:
cpwigan posted:
Can anyone realistcally see a possible upset here? I know stranger things have happened (i.e. back in 1998, we don't need to talk anymore about that) but i just can't see it this time around! I think it could turn into a bit of a bad day for rugby league, with a 30 points plus difference between the two teams!
That all! Think it could be even more unfortunately
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Saints should win and should do so easily. It could be a bad final for RL. Saints have started to peak at just the right time whereas hudds peaked for the semi and have slumped since.
jinkin jimmy

Post by jinkin jimmy »

WiganWarrior posted:

What!! Cas were terrible against Wakefield and must have been even worse yesterday. :eh: